Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
During the upcoming session of the 87th Texas Legislature, the college will pursue the following legislative objectives:
- Collin College opposes any effort to reduce funding for contact hours which penalizes high growth, high performing, low tax, low tuition college districts.
- In this difficult budgetary environment, we support keeping community college funding level overall, knowing that high growth districts like Collin College will absorb more of our programming costs as a result.
- Collin College supports advancing legislation to improve the transferability and applicability of course credit from community colleges to universities.
- Collin College supports the Texas Talent Pathway initiative, including statutory authority to create a state fund to support the program. Together, community colleges will prepare 300,000 Texans for careers with labor market value within 300 days while building regionally led talent pipelines to support thriving industries throughout the state.
- Collin College supports the addition of baccalaureate programming to well-equipped community colleges where needed to support workforce demands in key regions of the state.
- Collin College supports legislative efforts to clarify conflicting language in the state’s school marshal program law which will permit community colleges to fully enact this additional safety protocol.
For more information, contact Steve Matthews, Vice President, External Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.