All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Collin College has partnered with LinkedIn Learning (originally Lynda.com) to provide on-demand training to all faculty and staff, including training for Office 365, Educator training, and a plethora of other teaching tools (such as Accessibility and Canvas).
Normally, using LinkedIn Learning requires a paid subscription, but as a Collin College employee you can access LinkedIn Learning content from any computer with an Internet connection by creating an account with your collin.edu email.
See below for resources on how to get started on LinkedIn Learning, and for more information.
- How to use Linkedin Learning (VIDEO)
- If you are logged into your Collin College Outlook email address, you can do the following:
- Click the App Launcher (nine dots in the top left of the Outlook window).
- Scroll down the list of apps until you see Other; LinkedIn Learning will be listed under other. Click the link.
- This will launch the LinkedIn Learning account associated with your Collin College email.
Linking your accounts allows your data to be used to personalize your experience across LinkedIn and Lynda.com. For example, your LinkedIn Learning and Lynda coursework may be used to recommend profile updates and jobs, your LinkedIn profile may be used to provide course recommendations on Lynda.com and LinkedIn Learning, and Lynda.com data may be used to pre-populate your learning history and interests on LinkedIn Learning.
You can link your Lynda.com and LinkedIn accounts, navigate to https://www.lynda.com/signin, and click Sign in with LinkedIn. You’ll be prompted to log in to your LinkedIn account. Follow the rest of the steps as specified.
If you link your LinkedIn.com and Lynda.com accounts, your data (such as your profile, email, and activity) may be shared between LinkedIn.com and Lynda.com.
- Instructional Design: Needs Analysis (1.50 hours)
- Instructional Design: Adult Learners (0.75 hours)
- Gamificiation of Learning (2.25 hours)
- Teaching Techniques: Writing Effective Learning Objectives (1.0 hour)
- Teaching Techniques: Create Multimedia Learning (1.0 hour)
- Teaching Techniques: Creating Effective Learning Assessments (0.50 hours)