All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Office 365: An Introduction for New Students Admitted after October 1, 2019
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based, integrated suite of collaboration solutions that includes Office and many other tools.
With Office 365, students, faculty, and staff can install the latest version of Microsoft Office on up to 5 personally-owned PCs or Macs. They can also access Microsoft Office apps available for iOS and Android devices.
- Microsoft Training Center
- Excel - Excel offers the ability to organize and manipulate data in spreadsheets with sorting, calculations, graphing tools, pivot tables, and macros.
- Outlook - Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager. It includes an email application, calendar, task manager, contact manager, and note taking journal.
- PowerPoint - With PowerPoint, you can create presentations with images, videos, animation, and formatted text with templates or custom slide themes.
- Word - Word is a word processing application in which you can format text, insert images and tables, and layout documents.
- Teams – Teams is a chat-based collaborative tool that provides a customizable team workspace. Teams integrates with many other Office 365 products to seamlessly connect you and your team to the full Office 365 experience.
- Planner - Planner makes it easy to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, share files, chat, and receive updates on projects. The ability to organize teamwork and collaborate on projects in a simple, visual way.
- OneDrive - OneDrive for Business gives you one place to store, share, and sync your work or school files.
- Yammer - Yammer is a private social network that helps you get connected to the right people, share information across teams, and organize around projects.
- OneNote - OneNote provides a place to host notes, drawings, screen clippings and audio commentaries and the ability to collaborate with others on these files.
- Forms - Forms allows you to quickly and easily create custom quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, registrations, and more. When you create a quiz or form, you can invite others to respond to it using any web browser, even on mobile devices. As results are submitted, you can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses.
- PowerBI - Visually explore your data with a freeform drag-and-drop canvas, modern data visualizations, and simple report authoring.
- Steam - Microsoft Stream is an Enterprise Video service where people in your organization can upload, view, and share videos securely.
- Sway - Sway is an app that makes it easy to create and share interactive reports, personal stories, presentations, and more on the web.
- Delve - Use Delve to manage your Office 365 profile, and to discover and organize the information across Office 365. Delve never changes any permissions, so you’ll only see documents that you already have access to. Other people will not see your private documents.
- Flow - Microsoft Flow is a cloud-based service that makes it practical and simple for line-of-business users to build workflows that automate time-consuming business tasks and processes across applications and services.
- What is my Collin College email and Office 365 username?
- Your Collin College email is your Cougarweb username (first letter of first name + full last name + a number) @collin.edu. Example: email@example.com
- Office 365 username: Your Office 365 username is the same as your Cougarweb login (see above). Example: jdoe1
- How does Collin College use my email address?
- Collin College will use the email for institutional and faculty contact, such as school event notices, course notifications, professor emails, etc.
- How can I change my password?
- Follow the steps on the Microsoft Password Reset page.
- Can I forward my Collin student email to another account?
1. At the top the page, select Settings > View all Outlook settings.
2. Select Mail > Forwarding.
3. Select Start Forwarding, enter the forwarding email address and select Save.
- Which browsers will work with my Collin College email and Office 365?
- Collin College resources will work best with either Google Chrome or Firefox. Safari is not recommended.
- Who do I contact if I have problems with my Collin College email?
- Contact Student Technical Support at (972)377-1777, option 3.
- Who do I contact if I have problems with my Office 365 account?
- Contact Microsoft Office Support at (800) 642-7676.