Register for ONLINE Maymester, 5-week June & 10-week June. All campus locations are closed through May 4, including the libraries, computer, math, and writing labs. Student Services are offered online. Stay informed: COVID-19 FAQs
Associate of Arts In Teaching (AAT)
Take your first steps toward becoming a teacher with an Associate of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree from Collin College. Collin offers degree plans with three specializations in mind: early childhood through grade 6; middle grades (grades 4-8); and high school (grades 8-12). All will prepare you to transfer to a baccalaureate program that lead to initial Texas teacher certification.
AAT Degree Requirements
For an AAT degree, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Earn a minimum of 60 college-level credit hours.
2. Complete the General Education Core of 42 credit hours.
3. Complete all the courses listed for one of three AAT focus areas.
4. Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
5. Earn a minimum of 18 credit hours at Collin College.
Students should be aware that most four-year institutions require a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 to be accepted into their teacher certification program.