Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Selective Admission Requirements
Admission to this program is selective. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program. Registration is by permission only. Information and applications may be obtained online or from the Health Sciences and Emergency Services division office. If your program requires a criminal background check, your placement in a required clinical site, cooperative, practicum, internship, and/or licensure/certification opportunity may be impacted. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your program director and check with your licensing/certifying entity, if any, to determine your status.
- Submit the required application form by the designated deadline.
- Application and acceptance into Collin College.
- Submit official copies of all college transcripts.
- Complete Collin College reading, writing and mathematics assessments.
- Complete Psychological Services Bureau (PSB) Health Occupations Aptitude Exam.
- Complete program admission criteria (see Admission Packet).
- Complete immunizations required by the Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS). One of the required vaccinations, Hepatitis B, consists of a three dose series, which can take up to 7 months to complete. Individuals unable to receive the HBV must inform the Program Director. In such cases, the applicant must sign a declination form. All immunizations must be complete before assignment to clinical training.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR Certification.