Your work experience counts
at Collin College!
COMPETENCY-BASED EDUCATION (CBE)
Business Management Certificate
What is CBE?
- Your work experience counts! You can demonstrate mastery of the competencies using skills and knowledge you already have.
- The competency-based program requires the same courses as the traditional certificate route. However, progress is governed by the satisfactory completion of the required assessments that demonstrate mastery of program competencies.
- Students will engage in self-paced learning on competencies through online, interactive instruction.
Competency-Based Education (CBE) makes it possible for experienced individuals in the workforce to make accelerated progress toward completing Business Management Certificates
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Management, supervision or project lead work experience.
- Knowledge of team building, leadership, communication skills, HR Management, organizational skills, and critical thinking skills.
- Attend a mandatory information session at a Collin College campus.
IF YOU MISSED THE INFORMATION SESSIONS- PLEASE CONTACT MGMT-CBE@COLLIN.EDU FOR INFORMATION ON COMPLETING THE INFORMATION SESSION ONLINE.
- If not a current Collin College student, complete a Collin College Admission Application via www.collin.edu.
- Submit a CBE application
- Include your current résumé
- A written statement (less than 500 words) explaining why he/she wants to participate in the CBE Program
- Registration is by permission only.
For more information about this program please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.