General truck driving with hands-on skill development
and instruction coordinated with the Department of Transportation. This course offers students 200 hours of training,
100 hours in part I and 100 hours in part II. To qualify for a CDL, students must register in both Truck Driving I and Truck Driving II.
Is this class for you?
Students must be at least 21 years of age, have an
acceptable driving record, complete and pass a Department of Transportation
Physical Exam, have the ability to read, write and speak the English
language, and meet the requirements of the Motor Carrier Federal Safety
Regulations, Qualifications of Drivers.
EXCEPTION: Students can be 18 years of age for travel in Texas only.
What is covered in this course:
- Orientation and Basic Operation
- Basic Shifting and Backing Skills
- Basic Skills Drill and Safe Operating Practices
- Advanced Skills Drill and Advanced Operating Practices
- Maintenance, Non-Vehicle Activities: Cargo and Trips
- Accident Prevention and Procedures & Personal Development
Please click here to learn more about our Professional Truck Driving course.
To register or if you have further questions,
email the CE
Advisor or call her at 972.985.3752.