The Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate series will train students
through lectures, hands-on activities, skills assessments, and mock
scenarios. Students will learn to:
Medical Assistant students are required to wear black scrubs and closed-toe shoes to every class session.
- Help the physician with patient examinations
- Take patient history and measure vital signs
- Give patient injections as directed by the physician
- Schedule patient appointments
- Prepare blood for laboratory tests
- Practice within the standard of care for a Medical Assistant
- Perform first aid procedures
- Prepare a patient for procedures and/or treatments
- Maintain medication and vaccine/immunization records
- Perform Electrocardiography: obtain a 12-lead ECG
- Assist with minor surgery and suturing
- Comply with Local, State and Federal privacy standards
Is this course for you?
Medical Assistant Certificate Series Courses and Fees:
Medical Assistant Basic and Advanced (134 hours, $2,000)
Computers in the Medical Office (32 hours, $220)
Health Career Success (24 hours, $99)
Medical Assistant Externship at a local healthcare facility (160 hours, $500)
Liability Insurance (varies $5-$13 | non-refundable)
Required textbooks (approx. $390)
Certification: Certificate of completion will be
awarded after successful completion of the courses and externship. Graduates
are also qualified for optional certification as a Medical Assistant by the
National Healthcareer Association.
Click the link above and then submit completed
application forms, vaccine printout from ArcPoint Labs
(new process as of January 6, 2017) and copies of your ID and Basic Life Support card to the CE Healthcare
office located at the Courtyard Center, Ste. 425. You may submit it by fax:
972-985-3782 | email:
| mail: 4800 Preston Park Blvd | Courtyard Center, Ste. 425, Plano, TX
75093 | personal delivery. We will not review your application while
Ready for Externship?
Once you have completed all courses above it is time to
submit your application for externship - please
to find out more about the
externship options and the application. Our staff will review your
application and assign you to one of our local healthcare providers.
Thanks from student Iyan Muchene -
Thank you so much Lynn Hunter for everything..The conclusion of the interview was great now I can start with the externship ...
My happiness goes to the department of health science @ courtyard center
Thank you for all you do for the students ....
Iyan thank you kindly
Please click here for the course syllabus.
Students will need to purchase scantron forms from the bookstore before the midterm and final course
exams. For a list of additonal expenses for the CMA course - click here.
Books are also required for Computers in the Medical
- click on links to your left for details.
for information on how to sign up for the NHA certification
For further information, please contact