You’ve completed your first novel and the mailman has
just delivered several copies to you. Now, how do you convince total
strangers to spend their hard earned money on your debut novel? Learn the
techniques to marketing your novel to book clubs, review organizations and
Brian W. Smith
is the Dallas Morning News, Best Selling Author of fifteen novels. He is the
owner of Hollygrove Publishing, and currently signed to Simon and
Schuster. Brian is the host of the popular Internet radio show, "The Scribe
Spot" and is Editor-In-Chief of "The Grove" literary e-magazine. He has two
Bachelor of Science Degrees (Business Administration and Criminal Justice)
and a Master Degree in Business Administration (MBA). Brian is the author of
ten novels – four have become best sellers - Mama’s
Lies – Daddy’s Pain, DEADBEAT, BEATER, and Nina’s Got a Secret.
- Learn the 4 P's of Marketing - Price, Place, Product and Promotion
- Learn how to identify your target market
- Perfect your elevator speech
- Learn how to find and approach book clubs
- Increase your visibility - blogging and internet radio
- Learn how to identify conferences to attend
- Learn how Social Networking - Facebook, Twitter and Constant Contact
- can work for you
- Class project: Students will pretend to be at a book expo and give
their elevator speech to prospective customers
You may also be interested in:
Search for Cont Ed courses without logging into CougarWeb.
Search by Term, then subject(s) and course title (optional).
Search and register online for Cont Ed courses by term (semester) using CougarWeb.
Returning student without a login should email firstname.lastname@example.org
New students who would like to register online need to go through the Continuing Education admissions process to receive a CougarWeb login.
Instructions to search for courses, register online and apply for CE CougarWeb access are found here.
registration are three additional ways to register for Continuing Education courses.