This course introduces learners to the use of social media in communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising for nonprofits. It explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
1. Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising.
2. Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit's audience.
3. Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media.
4. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and other social media platforms.
5. Discuss the costs involved in social media.
6. Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit.
7. Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising.
8. Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit.
9. Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies.
Who Should Take This Course?
Anyone interested in learning how to market a nonprofit
You may also be interested in:
Nonprofit Management Certificate Series
Grant Writing 101 for Non-Profits
How to Start a Nonprofit
Budgeting, Accounting and Reporting for Nonprofits
Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development