Struts 2 is an open-source Java application development
framework built on the popular Model-View-controller design pattern. The
Struts framework jumpstarts web development by providing a reusable
infrastructure ("the plumbing") common to well designed dynamic web sites.
This course covers the practical knowledge required to build Struts-based
applications. Example implementations will be examined and the students will
build Struts applications. The student will also have the opportunity to use
several open-source tools including Eclipse, Jakarta Tomcat, Ant and Log4j.
Struts 2 is the latest version of Struts but it is not just an upgrade to
Strut1, it is a completely redesigned architecture that is more in line with
current Java web development methodologies.
What you will learn ...
- Be able to effectively use modern web (application) servers.
- Be proficient in advanced server-side Java programming.
- Understand the basic components of the Struts Framework (version
- Learn the basic steps required to design, build and maintain a
- Understand, and be proficient in the use of the JSP Filters
- Gain familiarity in the use of Ant and Log4J.
- Be able to use HTML, JSPs, Servlets, Struts and database
functionality to produce advanced comprehensive dynamic web sites.
You may also be interested in ...