Hundreds of debut novelists enter the literary industry and quickly get discouraged because of the “business” side of writing. Learn how to deal with the most common mistakes first time authors make
and learn what not to do.
1. Learn what to expect from editors
2. Learn what to expect from Graphic Designers
3. Learn what NOT to send to a Literary Agent
4. Learn which “sacred cows” should be avoided
5. Learn where to find avid readers and book clubs
6. Learn what type of publisher you should NOT sign with
7. Learn what questions NOT to ask veteran authors
8. Learn how to manage your expectations
9. Learn what NOT to do at literary events
10. Learn what NOT to say to critics
Who should take this course?
Aspiring Authors and Novelists
You may also be interested in:
Basics of Writing a Novel
Blueprinting Your Novel
Elements of Plotting
Market and Promote Your Novel
Character Development from the Inside Out
Turn Your Blogging into a Book
Search for Cont Ed courses without logging into CougarWeb.
Search by Term, then subject(s) and course title (optional).
Search and register online for Cont Ed courses by term (semester) using CougarWeb.
Returning student without a login should email email@example.com
New students who would like to register online need to go through the Continuing Education admissions process to receive a CougarWeb login.
Instructions to search for courses, register online and apply for CE CougarWeb access are found here.
registration are three additional ways to register for Continuing Education courses.