CE Health Sciences Online Courses
Several courses throughout Continuing Education are offered online using CANVAS.
Advantages to Online Learning
You set your schedule: while there are assignments and due dates, most have a window of several days for completion
Learn the way you need to: online classes provide multiple opportunities for exposure to the information in a variety of methods, not just lecture time in a classroom
Save on fuel: online classes eliminate the need to drive to campus
Personalized interaction with the instructor: all instructors for online courses are Collin College instructors, and you will be able to interact with them directly as they guide you through the material in the same way they would for an on-campus course
What do I do?
After you have registered for an online course, please visit the course webpage to find your textbook information. Most classes require a textbook and most also require an access code. Try to purchase both prior to the first day of class. Books and access codes can be purchased at the Plano Campus Bookstore, from an online vendor like Amazon, or directly from the publisher.
On the first day of class (sometimes in the evening), you will receive an email from your instructor. That message will go to your Collin email account as well as the personal email address you provided to the college when you registered. The message will contain login information, book information, and a syllabus.
To log in to CANVAS:
- Login to CougarWeb. (If you have never logged on to CougarWeb before, your username will be the beginning part of your email account, usually the first letter of your first name, followed by your last name, and then possibly a number. Your password will be the last 6 digits of your CWID. If you do not know your CWID or user name, please email CEHelp@collin.edu from the email account you used when you registered, and provide your date of birth. They can send you the CWID and user name.)
- Click on My Courses, then find the CANVAS icon
- Your class will appear in CANVAS on the first day of class
If you receive a login error, please try a different browser, delete your cookies, and try again. If you continue to receive a login error, please contact the helpdesk at 972.881.5870.
For tutorials, resources, and general assistance with Canvas, please visit the eCollin Learning Centers (eLC).
Collin College, in partnership with 4MedPro, offers a full catalog of online courses for healthcare professionals. Each program delivers a dated certificate and professional seal. CE/CME credit for healthcare titles is also included.
- Technology and Data Security: HIPAA, Cybersecurity, Telehealth, Contact Tracing, EHR Management
- Compliance, Health and Safety: Infection Prevention, BBP, PPE, TB, OSHA, HIV, Abuse Prevention
- Documentation and Reporting: MACRA/MIPS, ICD-10, CMS Regulations, Risk Assessments
- Healthcare Management
- Employment-Role Learning Paths
- Office Skills, Soft-skills, other