Several courses throughout CE are offered online, using CANVAS.
Some Advantages to Online Learning
- You set the schedule: there are no set days and times when login is required. However, there are assignments and due dates, but all have a window of days for completion.
- Learn the way you need to: online classes provide multiple opportunities for exposure to the information in a variety of methods, not just lecture time in a classroom.
- Save on fuel! Online classes eliminate the need to drive to campus.
- Personalized interaction with the instructor: all instructors for online courses are Collin College instructors. You will be able to communicate with them directly, and they will be guiding you through the material in the same way they would for an on-campus course.
What do I do?
After you have registered for an online class, please visit
the course webpage to find your textbook information. Most classes require a
textbook, and most also require an access code. Try to purchase both prior
to the first day of the class. Books and access codes can be purchased in
the CYC bookstore, from an online vendor like Amazon, or directly from the
On the first day of class (sometimes in the evening) you will
receive an email from your instructor. That message will go to your
CougarMail account as well as the personal email address you provided to the
college when you registered. The message will contain login information,
book information, and a syllabus.
To log in to CANVAS:
- Log in to your CougarWeb account
- Click on My Courses
- Your class will appear in CANVAS on the first day of class
If you receive a login error, please try a different browser, delete your cookies and try again. If you continue to receive a login error, please contact the help desk at 972.881.5870.
Keep in Mind
Online learning requires personal discipline. Because there is no face-to-face time with your instructor, you will be the only one responsible for making sure you learn the material and complete the assignments.
Note: If you register for class on the first day of class, it will take 24 hours before the class shows up in your CANVAS.
This information is only for the following courses:
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Medical Front Office
- Basic Anatomy and Physiology
- Computers in the Medical Office
- Electronic Health Records
- Healthcare Ethics and HIPPA Compliance
- Introduction to Medical Coding
- Medical Billing and Reimbursement
- Medical Coding I and II
- Medical Terminology
- Nursing Refresher
- Real Estate courses
- Cisco courses
- Fire Science courses