Collin College is ready to welcome students virtually or in blended classes on Monday,
View the College Restart Plan
Coronavirus (COVID-19) FAQs
Collin College prioritizes the health and safety of students, employees, and campus visitors.
- All classrooms and labs on campus;
- Locations that provide student enrollment services, academic advising, counseling, career services, libraries;
- Hallways, elevators, stairwells and common areas where physical distancing is not feasible;
- Other areas as determined by the VP/Provost, Dean, Associate Dean, Director, or other applicable senior leadershipfor that specific location. These areas will have proper posting of any requirement, and the college will provide advance notice when appropriate.
- Face coverings are not required while you are consuming food or drinks
- Face coverings can be temporarily removed for screening, security, or related purposes, particularly when removal is requested
- contact their primary care providers;
- follow the CDC guidelines for “What to do if you are sick;”
- follow the procedures outlined here and notify the Dean of Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 972.881.5604;
- if residing in student housing, then immediately notify student housing staff. Email email@example.com or call 972.881.5151.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then throw the tissue in the trash and sanitize your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Verify that you can log into CougarWeb and access your class in Canvas (My Courses Tab): https://cougarweb.collin.edu/. Canvas is a mobile-friendly platform.
- For log-in assistance or tech support contact the Student Help Desk at 972.377.1777.
- Log in to your Collin email and Canvas and read all communication from your professor.
- Prepare for future instruction through Canvas by visiting the eLearning Center website https://www.collin.edu/academics/ecollin/studentcanvasresources.html.
- Be mindful that online instruction is not self-paced. Your instructor will provide you with a calendar and clear deadlines for completing your coursework each week. To optimize your success, prepare to meet these deadlines, and log in to your course site regularly.
- Veteran Student Services – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – email@example.com
- Admissions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisement – email@example.com
- Counseling/Access – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dual Credit – email@example.com
- Libraries – http://www.collin.edu/library/aska.html
- All other student services questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moved classes to an online delivery format
- Cancelled all nonessential gatherings
- Suspended the Seniors Active in Learning (SAIL) face-to-face classes as senior citizens are considered a vulnerable group due to their age. SAIL is offering a limited number of online classes
We continue to work closely with our dual credit ISD partners, and we are prepared to be flexible and align with their plans including offering online classes. For any questions about dual credit, contact email@example.com.
As monitoring continues, the college will inform students via email and/or the CougarAlert system of changes and any other important decisions. Check the Collin College website at www.collin.edu for updates or subscribe to CougarAlert at https://www.collin.edu/cougaralert.html to receive emergency notifications. Please continue to check these FAQs for the most updated information.
- Bring your laptop computer and drive to one of the “Wi-Fi Drive-Ins”
- You will be directed to park in one of the designated “Wi-Fi Drive-In” spots
- Stay in your car and follow all CDC social distancing recommendations
- Use your normal Collin College log in process to complete your course work
- Work directly with your professors to see how the new method will work for your specific classes.
- Stay in touch with your professors by checking your Collin email and Canvas account.
- Be an active member in your courses and communicate with your professors about any issues you may be experiencing.
- Make sure to check the FAQs listed at the top of the college’s homepage located at www.collin.edu. They are continually updated with new information.
Other appointments can be made online at https://www.collin.edu/gettingstarted/admissions/connectwithus.html. The college’s campuses will open only for students enrolled in summer classes meeting in-person.
The janitorial service contactors routinely clean high-traffic touchpoints like tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, desks, handles, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc. For soft surfaces, such as carpeted floors, rugs, and drapes, soap and water as well as an appropriate cleaner is used. Additionally, a deep clean is accomplished nightly to cover the same areas, as well as those not routinely touched throughout the day.
- contact their primary care providers
- notify their supervisors using these procedures
- follow the CDC guidelines for “What to do if you are sick”
- No fever for at least 72 hours (that is three full days of no fever without the use medicine that reduces fevers),
- Other symptoms have improved AND,
- At least seven (7) days have passed since your symptoms first appeared
The college is scheduling limited in-person appointments for admissions, advising, and financial aid at the main campuses. While utilization of virtual services is encouraged, the college recognizes some students prefer a face-to-face visit. Social distancing guidelines will be followed and team members will assist students from entry to exit. To make an appointment, please begin here.
Limited, in-person appointments may take place for students that are only able to pay by cash. Appointments should be made 24 hours in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card and web check payments may be made online 24/7.
Registration is underway for summer and fall classes. Due to the uncertainty of the impact from the Coronavirus, classes currently scheduled to meet on campus may change to a hybrid or online format. Should this occur, please be aware that you will need access to dependable technology to aid in your success, which could include a laptop or personal computer, web cam, stable internet access, and software specific to your classes.
Collin College and the U.S. Department of Education are teaming up to help meet the needs of our students during this difficult time. With funding from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, Collin College will be providing emergency assistance grants to aid students who have been financially impacted by COVID-19. We encourage students who are in need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for 2019-2020 and/or 2020-2021, if you have not done so. Once the FAFSA is complete, you will also need to apply for this funding assistance. You must have been enrolled at Collin College in the Spring 2020 semester as of March 13, 2020 and have a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file. To complete the application, please sign in to CougarWeb and click on “My Financial Aid” under the “Student QuickLinks.” Once you are in the Financial Aid section, select “Emergency Grant Assistance,” and answer the four questions. Learn more or apply here. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.
Students with financial hardship related to the COVID-19 pandemic may qualify for emergency funds through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act to help cover the cost of higher education. Learn more or apply here. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who withdrew from one or more courses and received a W on their transcript from March 13, 2020 through the end of the term can now apply for a Withdrawal Tuition Credit. The credit will cover the standard tuition and student activity fees for retaking the same course in its entirety either in summer or fall 2020. Additional information and the application can be found at http://www.collin.edu/studentresources/collincares/.