Basic Police Academy
The Basic Police Academy is a training program certified by the Texas Commission on Law enforcement (TCOLE). Completion of the Basic Academy is required in order to be licensed and hired as a Peace Officer in Texas. The Collin College Law Enforcement Academy located at our new Public Safety Training Center in McKinney, Texas. Academy format is 775 hour content, testing and completion requirements.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be at least 21 Years old.
- You must have a high school diploma or GED.
- You must have a clear criminal record and be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Applicants must also complete a personal interview, physical, psychological and drug
- All candidates must meet TCOLE licensing requirements to attend the Academy.
- Class space is limited for both programs to 25 students.
- Agency sponsored individuals have priority enrollment.
- Individuals who are not sponsored by an agency must make application to the Academy Director for admittance.
The full-time intensive format is primarily for those students who have been hired by and are sponsored by a law enforcement agency. Full-time classes are offered two to three times each year dependent on agency needs.
Normal class hours for the full-time program:
Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm
For additional information please contact the Academy.
(972) 548-6862 or firstname.lastname@example.org