Endowed by Texas Instruments, the Science, Math, Advanced Research and Technology (SMART) initiative provides scholarships to Collin College for college students pursuing science, mathematics, engineering or technology careers.
As part of this initiative, the High-Technology Transfer Scholarship to UTD is awarded to five students from Collin who will continue their studies at UTD and major in a STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) area.
The High-Technology Transfer Scholarship to UTD is for $2500 per semester, renewable for a maximum of four semesters.
The application is due in early March and the selected awardees can start as full time students at UTD in either the Fall or following Spring semesters.
- Student must major in a STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) area
- Student is eligible to apply for admission at the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD)
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- One letter of recommendation from a Collin College faculty
- Additional selection criteria are included on the application form
How to Apply?
The application form and all the required information (see application form) has to arrive (by mail or brought in person) by the specified deadline at:
Mathematics and Natural Sciences Division
Collin College - Spring Creek Campus
2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway
Plano, TX 75074
Late applications will not be accepted.
Students requiring more information can call: 972-881-5881.