Where are Campus Tours available?
Campus tours are currently available for the Central Park Campus - McKinney, Preston Ridge Campus - Frisco and Spring Creek Campus - Plano.
When are Campus Tours available?
FALL 2016 TOUR SCHEDULE
Tours are available weekly at the following times starting September 7, 2016 through December 16, 2016 *exceptions listed below:
Central Park Campus (CPC) in McKinney:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk in the Main building). Tours leave at 1:05 pm
Preston Ridge Campus (PRC) in Frisco:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk in Lawler Hall, formerly Building D). Tours leave at 1:05 pm
Spring Creek Campus (SCC) in Plano:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk in the main atrium). Tours leave by 1:05 pm
* Tours will not occur November 23-27 (campus closed), December 5-9 (due to fall final exams), and December 17-January 3 (due to winter break).
Additional Scheduled tours will be added on the following dates for the FALL 2016 Semester. All tours will be at 1:00 pm.
Central Park Campus: October 10, October 24, November 21
Preston Ridge Campus: October 10, November 21
Spring Creek Campus: October 10, November 21
Weekend Campus Tours
Come take a weekend campus tour led by one of our Collin College Student Ambassadors. This FREE campus tour will provide an overview of all available resources, services and opportunities at Collin College. All interested students are encouraged to attend this special weekend session and will receive a tour bag that includes information on academic programs, tuition and fees, and a student checklist for admission to Collin College! To sign up to attend, click HERE
Central Park Campus: November 19, 2016 & April 22, 2017
Preston Ridge Campus: October 1, 2016 & February 18, 2017
Spring Creek Campus: October 29, 2016 & March 18, 2017
Campus Visit Letter Policy
High Schools may require visiting students to submit paperwork to their respective offices in order to receive an excused absence from class. Student and Enrollment Services on the Central Park Campus, Preston Ridge Campus, and Spring Creek Campus will provide a campus visit letter to all students on official Collin College letterhead and have the exact day and time of the visit.
• To receive a campus visit letter, the student (s) must attend and complete the entire guided tour of campus by our Collin College Student Ambassadors during scheduled tour times.
• It is strongly encouraged that students meet with an academic advisor, a financial aid representative, and/or the admissions office during their campus visit.
• Students must request the campus visit letter on the day of the campus visit. Faxed and mailed forms cannot be provided.
Collin College will not be able to confirm if the student will be excused or not
How do I schedule my Campus Tour?
For set tour times listed above, there is no need for an appointment; a Student Ambassador will meet you at the information desk. For weekend tours, please sign-up at the link above.
If you are scheduling a large group tour, appointments are required and group tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired tour date.
Please refer back this site as times and dates are subject to change.
In preparation for your visit, you can view a virtual tour of all of the Collin College campuses at http://www.collin.edu/campuses/virtualtour.html
For more information, to request a group tour or to inquire about a possible tour day/time not listed please complete a request form here
What should I expect for my Campus Tour?
• Tours are led by enthusiastic and knowledgeable Student Ambassadors
• Available for groups or individuals
• Students may request to visit with an academic advisor, financial aid officer, or other campus department representative immediately following the tour (may not be available on weekend tours). Students will need to bring a photo ID to meet with departmental representatives.
• High school students may visit the campus as part of their college visit or part of College Day
• The tour will take approximately one hour