Where are Campus Tours available?
Campus tours are currently available for the Central Park Campus - McKinney, Preston Ridge Campus - Frisco and Spring Creek Campus - Plano.
When are Campus Tours available?
FALL 2015 TOUR SCHEDULE
Tours are available weekly at the following times starting September 2, 2015 through December 18, 2015 *exceptions listed below:
Central Park Campus in McKinney:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk outside the conference center). Tours leave at 1:05 pm
Preston Ridge Campus in Frisco:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk in Lawler Hall, formerly Building D). Tours leave at 1:05 pm
Spring Creek Campus in Plano:
Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 pm (Meet at the Information Desk in the main atrium). Tours leave by 1:05 pm
* Tours will not occur on November 25 and November 27 (campuses closed) and December 7-13 (due to final exams).
WEEKEND CAMPUS TOURS
Tours are available on the following Saturdays in the fall and spring semester. Please sign-up for the Saturday tours so we can estimate the amount of people attending.Central Park Campus:
October 24, 2015, Tour at 11:00 am
April 23, 2016, Tour at 11:00 am
Preston Ridge Campus:
November 14, 2015, Tour at 11:00 am
May 21, 2016, Tour at 11:00 am
Spring Creek Campus:
September 26, 2015, Tour at 11:00 am
March 19, 2016, Tour at 11:00 am
To attend one of the weekend tours, please click here to sign up
Campus Visit Letter Policy
High Schools may require visiting students to submit paperwork to their respective offices in order to receive an excused absence from class. The Department of Recruitment and Programs for New Students on the Central Park Campus, Preston Ridge Campus, and Spring Creek Campus will provide a campus visit letter to all students on official Collin College letterhead and have the exact day and time of the visit.
• To receive a campus visit letter, the student (s) must attend and complete the entire guided tour of campus by our Collin College Student Ambassadors during scheduled tour times.
• It is strongly encouraged that students meet with an academic advisor, a financial aid representative, and/or the admissions and records office during their campus visit.
• Students must request the campus visit letter on the day of the campus visit. Faxed and mailed forms cannot be provided.
Collin College will not be able to confirm if the student will be excused or not
How do I schedule my Campus Tour?
For set tour times listed above, there is no need for an appointment; a Student Ambassador will meet you at the information desk. For weekend tours, please sign-up at the link above.
If you are scheduling a large group tour, appointments are required and group tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired tour date.
Please refer back this site as times and dates are subject to change.
In preparation for your visit, you can view a virtual tour of all of the Collin College campuses at http://www.collin.edu/campuses/virtualtour.html
For more information, to request a group tour or to inquire about a possible tour day/time not listed please complete a request form here
What should I expect for my Campus Tour?
• Tours are led by enthusiastic and knowledgeable Student Ambassadors
• Available for groups or individuals
• Students may request to visit with an academic advisor, financial aid officer, or other campus department representative immediately following the tour (may not be available on weekend tours). Students will need to bring a photo ID to meet with departmental representatives.
• High school students may visit the campus as part of their college visit or part of College Day
• The tour will take approximately one hour