Welcome New Students! Become an Orientation Leader
The purpose of Collin College Orientation Leaders is to serve as an academic and social role model and mentor to new students coming
to Collin College. Orientation Leaders assist professional staff with all aspects
of new student orientation including creating a welcoming, spirited, and supportive
environment Collin College seeks students to be Orientation Leaders who are mature and dedicated students leaders, great teammates, hardworking, confident,
and enthusiastic about Collin College.
GPA and Hour Requirement
- Orientation Leaders must maintain a 2.5 GPA per semester and be enrolled in at least 6 hours the semester before employment.
- Orientation Leaders must be able to lead campus tours on ALL three main campuses.
- Orientation Leaders must attend and actively participate in all training sessions and most of the new student orientation sessions over the summer.
Serving as a Collin College Orientation Leader will provide participants with experience and preparation in areas such as communication, leadership, problem solving, diversity awareness, public speaking, networking, event planning and management, marketing and team building. These are all traits that will make the participants more marketable and desirable to employers in today's workforce.
In addition, participation will broaden the students' understanding of Collin College as they will give presentations on Collin College information, campus resources and facilities.
In return for their service, Orientation Leaders will receive:
- Compensation of $10.75 per hour on a monthly basis
- Official uniform and other promotional materials
- Great opportunity for personal and professional growth
- A prestigious honor since only 20-25 students are selected from among the best at Collin College.
For more information contact the Interim Assistant Director of Student Engagement, Stephen Rogers at 972.881.5787.