The Plano Campus (Spring Creek) is closed through Sunday, March 14th due to weather
damage. All classes at the Plano Campus (Spring Creek) will be online until further
notice and students should contact their professors with any questions.
View College COVID-19 Information
Additional Links & Services
Veteran Services Links
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment)
VA Educational Information Contact Number (888) 442-4551
Other VA Information (800) 827-1000
To Order a Joint Services Transcript (JST)
Collin College Resources
Veterans Transition Specialists
Collin College has Veteran Transition Specialists to help you transition through the academic process. Veteran Transition Specialists are also available to help you with the admissions, degree planning, official degree evaluation and class scheduling processes.
Contact us to help answer your questions and address your concerns. Hours vary so
please contact us if you would like to schedule an appointment.
The Veterans Transition Specialists and their locations are listed below. Office hours are posted on their office door.
Shayne Brown - Email Shayne at email@example.com
Spring Creek Campus = Room G-122
Quandrel Stephens - Email Quandrel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Preston Ridge Campus = Room F126 A
Adela "Del" Valdez - Email Del at email@example.com
Central Park Campus = Room D-201
Collin Library Services
The staff in the college library made a video to assist veteran students in using the library's resource.
You can access the video Library video.
Collin Counseling Services
Collin offers a variety of counseling services and resources for veteran students as well.
Visit the Counseling Services Office here to find out more.
VA Educational and Vocational Counseling Services
The VA provides one-on-one vocational and personal counseling services for:
- veterans who are within 6 months prior to discharge from active duty;
- are within one year following discharge from active duty;
- are current beneficiaries of educational assistance under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606 and 1607;
- or are veterans and qualified dependents who are eligible for and have entitlements to educational assistance under those same chapters.
Counseling services include:
- Counseling to facilitate career decision making for civilian or military occupations;
- Educational and vocational counseling to choose an appropriate civilian occupation and develop a training program;
- Academic and adjustment counseling to resolve barriers that impede success in training
For more information on the VA's educational and vocational counseling services, click here.
Helpful Links to Other Sites of Interest
U.S. Air Force
U.S. Coast Guard
Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART)
Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)
The Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy have gone to a Joint Services Transcript system now. Click here to request an official transcript.
Air Force/Community College of the Air Force
Veterans Education Benefits | Texas Veterans Portal