Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Payment of Tuition and Fees
Payment Procedures for Chapter 33
Payment procedures for Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) veteran students:
- Students must have applied to the VA for veterans education benefits and received
a VA Certificate of Eligibility (aka VACOE) verifying their eligibility to receive
benefits. We will also accept a print-out of the eBenefits screen showing you are
eligible for Chapter 33/Post 9/11 benefits as long as it also indicates the percentage.
- The VACOE will indicate the percentage of benefits that will be provided. Percentages
are based on the student's length of service.
- Once submitted to the Veterans Services Office at Collin, a copy of the VACOE is maintained in the student's file.
Holding Your Classes
- Students must present a copy of the VACOE (or the eBenefits print-out) to the cashier's office BEFORE the payment deadline. *Students will only be responsible for paying their portion
of the tuition and fees if their percentage of benefits is less than 100%. (For example,
a student who is eligible for 70% benefits will only be required to pay 30% of the
tuition and fees at that time.)
- Each semester thereafter, the student must go to the cashier's office AFTER REGISTERING
for classes to sign their statement. Students do NOT need to bring a VACOE to the
cashier's each semester. The cashier's office will keep a copy on file after the
- *Please realize that if the VA Certifying Official at Collin cannot certify one or more of your classes (see the section on the Getting Started page labeled "Is that it?"), you will be responsible for paying 100% of those classes via your own resources.