Effective with the Maymester 2011 semester, the following payment procedures for Chapter 33 (Post 9/11) veteran students will be observed:
- Student must have applied to the VA for veterans education benefits and received a
VA Certificate of Eligibility (aka VACOE) verifying their eligibility to receive benefits.
- The VACOE will indicate the percentage of benefits that will be provided. Percentages
are based on the student's length of service.
- Once submitted to the Veterans Affairs Office at Collin, a copy of the VACOE is maintained in the student's file.
Holding Your Classes
- Student must present a copy of the VACOE to the cashier's office each semester BEFORE the payment deadline. *Student will only be responsible for paying their portion
of the tuition and fees if their percentage of benefits is less than 100%. (For example,
a student who is eligible for 70% benefits will only be required to pay 30% of the
tuition and fees at that time.)
- *Please realize that if the VA Certifying Official at Collin cannot certify one or more of your classes (see the section on the Getting Started page labeled "Is that it?"), you will be responsible forpaying 100% of those classes via your own resources.