The Plano Campus (Spring Creek) is closed through Sunday, March 14th due to weather damage. All classes at the Plano Campus (Spring Creek) will be online until further notice and students should contact their professors with any questions.
View College COVID-19 Information

Academic Progress

Students are expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress while enrolled at Collin College. Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is defined as maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA.

Students placed on Academic Suspension by the Admissions and Records Office will have their status
reported to the Veterans Regional Office at the end of the semester in which that status is earned.

A grade of 'D' or better received at Collin or any other college is a passing grade and may not be repeated for benefits.

If a non-punitive grade of 'I' is assigned to a course and is not converted to a punitive grade, this will be reported to the Veterans Regional Office within 30 days and benefits will be reduced accordingly.

Students receiving a grade of 'F' may repeat the course with benefits one time.

If it is necessary to repeat the course a third time, the student must first successfully complete the course and then request the Collin College Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs Office complete the certification.

Collin College may require documentation of attendance from the student for all classes in which a grade 'F' is earned.


Choosing the Right Tool for the Right Job

Every craftsman knows that in order to produce a high quality product you need the RIGHT tool for the RIGHT job. Because Collin College is committed to each student's educational success we want to provide a wide range of Academic Support services with the right tools to complete your educational goals. We encourage you to check out and use the resources listed in this section to assist in building your own high quality degree or certificate program!

Academic Support


VA's Tutorial Assistance Program

Tutorial assistance through the VA helps the student pay for necessary tutoring and is a supplement to the student's regular education benefit.  Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA educational assistance at the half-time or greater rate and have a deficiency in a subject making tutoring necessary and a qualified tutor is not available through Collin's free tutoring service.

Students must submit a letter from their professor indicating that the student is deficient in the particular course and that individual tutoring is required to correct the deficiency.  In addition, the tutor must meet the schools requirements for tutors (speak with the Access Office who administers the tutor program at Collin) and may not be a close relative of the student.

For more information about eligibility for the program as well as how to apply, visit the VA's web site here

Please be sure to follow ALL instructions carefully and completely to ensure timely processing of the application.