Collin College Important Exit Information

Exit Notification Procedure

Professional written notice of at least two weeks for staff and four weeks for administrators is expected.  The final day of employment will be the last actual day worked; it may not be a day of time off.

Final Pay Check

Your final paycheck (for time worked through your last day of work) will be paid via direct deposit.  NOTE: All Collin College employees are paid current; there is no lag in pay.  The check will be mailed to the address you have on file with Collin College on the last working day of the month of separation. Final pay is prorated based upon the actual days worked by the terminating employee.

Vacation Pay

You will receive unused earned vacation time (up to 80 hours of rolled over vacation time, plus any unused vacation earned for the current fiscal year) payable to you during the first week of the month following your separation. This will be a paper check and will be mailed to the address on record with the College.

Comp Time/Over Time

You will receive a check for any unused comp time and/or over time payable to you during the first week of the month following your separation. This will be a paper check and will be mailed to the address on record with the College.  Please note that if you are owed both vacation pay and comp time and/or over time, they will be on the same check.

Sick Time/Personal Time

Collin College does not pay out any unused sick or personal time.

Medical/Dental Insurance

Coverage through your employment will end at the end of the month of separation, provided all premiums have been paid.  For example, if your last day worked is January 16th, your coverage will end on January 31st.

COBRA Information

All COBRA information will be sent directly to your home address by ERS. COBRA rates can be found on the ERS website.  If you have questions regarding COBRA benefits prior to receiving this information, contact ERS at (877) 275-4377 or visit

Group Life/AD&D Coverage/Voluntary AD&D

Your group life, AD&D and Voluntary AD&D coverage will terminate on the last day of the month of termination. Conversion options may be available to you, please visit the Securian webpage for more information.

Teachers Retirement System (TRS)

Should you choose to withdraw your TRS account, please download the form you must complete a TRS-6, Application for Refund, and return it to TRS. (NOTE: If you withdraw your account by receiving a refund, you will end your membership in TRS.  By ending your membership, you lose your service credit and forfeit any retirement benefits that you have accrued and may affect your eligibility for ERS retiree insurance.  It is important that you fully understand the TRS and insurance benefits that you are waiving.  Therefore, if you have five or more years of TRS service credit, you must sign a form acknowledging that you are waiving all rights to future TRS retirement benefits.) If you have questions regarding your TRS account, please contact TRS directly at 1-800-223-8778 or visit the TRS website at

Texas Optional Retirement Program (ORP)

If you have an ORP account and have questions regarding available options, please contact your financial advisor. For general ORP questions, please contact Christina Canales in the Collin College Human Resources Department at 972-599-3164 or

Tax Sheltered Annuity (TSA)

For legacy 403b accounts, please contact your financial advisor or financial investment provider. For accounts through AIG, please contact Bentley Craft or Dana Hodges.

Change of Address

If you have a change of address, you must update this information in Workday prior to your last day of employment under your profile/contact tab or as part of your exit process.