Economic Summit 2006 Scheduled Feb. 1
January 9, 2006 – Collin County is welcoming business leaders from the area for an insightful glance into the future of local economics.
“Orchestrating Our Future” will feature a number of presentations and breakout sessions led by the area’s foremost economic experts from 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 1, at Collin County Community College’s Spring Creek Campus Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway in Plano.
The luncheon keynote speaker for this year’s event is Angelos Angelou, the founder and CEO of Angelou Economics in Austin. Joseph C. Juarez, regional administrator of the Employment and Training Administration in Dallas, will serve as the afternoon keynote.
Angelou has more than 20 years experience in economic development and site selection. He is regarded as the chief architect of Austin as a high-tech hub for companies.
As the Regional Administrator, Juarez is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and overseeing all Employment and Training programs and initiatives, including the Unemployment Insurance, State Employment Service and Workforce Investment Act programs throughout the region, which includes the States of Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Wyoming and Utah.
This year’s breakout sessions evidence the broad view that North Texas is taking in an ever-expanding global economy.
Breakout sessions will include:
• Regionalism: A Harmonious Future for North Texas
• Composing the Workforce of the Future
• Future Compositions for Aging Communities Part I-The Orchestra & Players
• Small Business Success: Fine Tuning for Future Growth
• Scaling Transportation and Logistics
• Future Compositions for Aging Communities Part II-The Symphony in Action
• Re-orchestrating the Healthcare Workforce for 2012
• Global Perspectives: China, Mexico and Beyond
• Scoring Success: Gaining a Competitive Edge
The 2006 Economic Summit is co-hosted by Collin County, Inside Collin County Business, Collin County Community College District and the Allen, Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Richardson and Rockwall chambers of commerce and economic development corporations.
Early bird registration is $40 through Friday, Jan. 20. After Jan. 20, the cost is $60. For more information or to register, call 972.612.2425.