SAIL Schedules Summer Activities, Brown Bag Series
May 29, 2008 - Collin College's Seniors Active in Learning (SAIL) encourages everyone to attend its Brown Bag Lunch Series 2008 and other summer activities.
SAIL will host the Big D Barbershop Singers at 12:30 p.m., Thursday, June 12, at the Spring Creek Campus Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway in Plano. The event is free and open to the public. Attendees are encouraged to come at noon and bring a brown bag lunch.
Other Brown Bag Series dates include: local historian and author Jim Gatewood, Thursday, July 10; and former Dallas sports anchor Scott Murray, Thursday, August 7.
All SAIL Summer Learning events are held at the Courtyard Center for Professional and Economic Development, 4800 Preston Park Blvd. in Plano.
SAIL events include:
- Keepsake Writing - 10 a.m.-noon - starting June 9
- Book Discussion Group - 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m. - June 2, June 23 and July 7
- Afternoon at the Movies - 12:30-3 p.m. - starting June 2
- Current Events - 11 a.m.-12:20 p.m. - starting June 3
- Short Fiction: Stories and Film - 1-3 p.m. - starting June 3
A weekly discussion of one short story or film.
- Mah Johng - 9-11 a.m. - starting June 4
- History Series - 1-2:30 p.m. - starting June 4
Weekly lectures about specific points of 20th century American history.
- "Iceland: Fire and Ice" - 1-2:30 p.m. - June 5
A documentary about Iceland.
- "The Vietnam War: Up Close and Personal - 1-2:30 p.m. - June 19
Vietnam veteran Richard Cudlipp will share his memories of his two tours of duty.
- Celestin's Café - 9:30-11:30 a.m. - starting June 5
Discuss religion, politics, art, education, science, technology or anything else that comes up.
For a list of events and a host of other information, visit the SAIL website at www.ccccd.edu/sailsite.
For more information, contact SAIL at 972.985.3788 or e-mail email@example.com.
Collin College serves more than 46,000 credit and continuing education students annually and offers more than 100 degree and certificate programs. The only public college in the county, Collin College is a partner to business, government and industry, providing customized training and work force development.