Collin College to Host Cybersecurity Conference Benefiting Student Scholarships
COLLIN COLLEGE TO HOST CYBERSECURITY CONFERENCE BENEFITING STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Who: Collin College Engineering Department and the North Texas Chapter of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)
What: The Cybersecurity Conference, featuring well-known industry presenters and both consumer and industry tracks, will benefit student scholarships and organizations.
Where: Collin College Spring Creek Campus Conference Center, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway in Plano
When: Noon-5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 26
8 a.m.-3 pm. on Saturday, Sept. 27
- Session presenters from large and established companies, including Raytheon, Dell, GM Financial, Cisco Systems, Texas Instruments, FishNet Security, Inc., FireEye, Accudata Systems, Palo Alto Networks, Horzepa, Spiegel and Associates, P.C, Securris, Hewlett-Packard, Protiviti and McAfee.
- Topics addressed will range from advanced firewalls and hacking to social media awareness and forensics.
- All proceeds benefit the student chapter of the ISSA at Collin College and scholarships for cybersecurity students.
- Prestigious and well-known industry speakers:
- Jason Wright, senior manager of global field product management at Cisco Systems Security (12:15 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 26)
- J.D. Sorano, national security cyber intrusion squad at FBI Dallas (9 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27)
- Steve Hawkins, vice president of international solutions for intelligence in information and services at Raytheon (12:10 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27)
- Next-generation firewall class in a lab setting
- 10 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27 in L123
- Advanced firewalls protection class in which participants will work hands-on with advanced security settings
Media: Please email email@example.com if you plan to attend.