The following documents must be submitted to be considered for selection to the program:
1. A completed application to Collin College LVN Bridge Program. **Please note all requirements for the generic nursing student are also in effect for the Bridge applicant.**
2. Official transcripts from all colleges attended, including Collin College, must be sent to the Admissions Office and to the Attention of the Nursing Department.
4. GPA (cumulative) of at least 2.5 or higher from all completed courses.
5. Satisfactory completion (grade of "C" or better) of the prerequisite courses required for admission: Biology 2401 (A & P I), Biology 2402 (A & P II), Biology 2420 (Microbiology). Please note biology courses are acceptable only if taken within five years of application deadline. Cumulative GPA on the three prerequisite courses should be 2.5 or above. At least two out of the three prerequisite courses must be complete to apply, and the third prerequisite course must be in progress at the time of application.
6. Immunizations with required documentation.
7. Transcript showing successful completion of a Vocational Nursing program.
8. Copy of a current LVN license.
9. Letter of recommendation from current employer and including length and type of employment (must have been working for at least 1 year as an LVN).
10. Must have taken the PSB exam within the last year.
11. Must have proof of current CPR certification.
12. Completion of Pharmacological math proficiency test at 90% or better during the Bridge semester.
13. Drug screening test and criminal background check through a Collin College approved company.
LVN Bridge Schematic
1. Apply to Collin College LVN Bridge Program.
2. Complete PSB exam by designated deadline.
3. A minimum of 11 points must be achieved through GPA and PSB score to be considered for admission.
After 11 points have been earned and the LVN applicant has been accepted into the program, the LVN applicant will be enrolled in RNSG 1163, RNSG 1128, RNSG 1118 and RNSG 1324 during the Bridge semester. After successful completion of the Bridge semester classes, the student will merge into the 3rd semester of Nursing.