COLLIN COLLEGE LVN-RN Bridge Program
The following documents must be submitted to be considered for selection to the program:
Starting Fall 2017 applications, ALL applicants must attend a Nursing Information Session.
1. A completed application to Collin College LVN Bridge Program. **Please note all requirements for the generic nursing student are also in effect for the Bridge applicant.**
2. Official transcripts from all colleges attended, including Collin College, must be sent to the Admissions Office and to the Attention of the Nursing Department.
4. GPA (cumulative) of at least 2.5 or higher from all completed courses.
5. Satisfactory completion (grade of "C" or better) of the prerequisite courses required for admission: Biology 2401 (A & P I), Biology 2402 (A & P II), Biology 2420 (Microbiology). Please note biology courses are acceptable only if taken within five years of application deadline. Cumulative GPA on the three prerequisite courses should be 2.5 or above. Applicants can apply with two out of the three prerequisite courses completed. The third prerequisite course must be listed on an official transcript as being "in progress" at the time of application.
6. Immunizations with required documentation. (Records should not be sent to Nursing office until the student has been accepted into the program)
7. Transcript showing successful completion of a Vocational Nursing program.
8. Copy of a current LVN license.
9. Letter of recommendation/employment verification is required at the time of application. The letter must indicate current employment status and work experience as an LVN. Applicants must have worked as an LVN full-time during the 6 months preceding application to the program.
10. Must have taken the PSB exam within the last year.
11. HESI Mobility (second entrance exam) will be administered once nursing admission requirements have been met. Nursing Department will contact applicant regarding scheduling.
12. Must have proof of current CPR certification.
13. Drug screening test and criminal background check through a Collin College approved company.