The Center for Academic Assistance at the Collin College Central Park Campus offers
students a quiet place to study in a welcoming atmosphere. We offer an open seating
study area and ten PC computers that provide access to the internet, college library
resources and Microsoft Office 2013.
Students can do the following at the Center for Academic Assistance:
- unwind and complete assignments
- check email
- schedule writing center appointments
- access Cougar Web
A104, first floor of the A wing at the Central Park Campus
Navigate your Syllabus... Visit with Granny Grammar? Time Management and Study Skills Questions? These are just a few of our CAA Workshops available this semester for students.
Check out our Spring Newsletter.... learn new apps to use for academic resources. Rescue Time, Evernote Free & Super Notes are some great apps for multitaskers. Meet our Math Lab Tutor, David Stiegelymeyer. Born in Minnesota, but made his way to the great state of Texas. Read how David began teaching math and working in our CPC Math Lab as one of the tutors.
• The Writing Center offers Collin College students and community members free one-on-one
tutoring with degreed professionals in all areas of writing.
• Appointments must be made in advance, either in person or by phone. Stop by the Writing Center in A104 and sign up or call us at 972-548-6857. All appointments start on the hour and usually last between 40-50 minutes, depending on your needs.
A-104, inside the Center for Academic Assistance, first floor of the A wing at the Central Park Campus
Visits are limited to two per week, one per day.
REMEMBER TO CALL US IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL. (972) 548-6857
• The Math Lab offers students free one-on-one tutoring in various math courses.
It is staffed with faculty and other professionals in the field to assist Collin College
students enrolled in developmental math, college level math, and natural science courses
that include math-based assignments.
• We offer computers and graphing calculators for student use, as well as current editions of textbooks used in math classes.
C220, second floor of C-wing at the Central Park Campus
For more information or questions regarding these resources, please contact:
Holly Stone, Manager
Center for Academic Assistance
Central Park Campus
2200 W. University Drive
McKinney, Texas 75070