Career Center Research Employer Page
Thank you for your interest in exploring recruiting opportunities at Collin College. Whether you are interested in attending an event, on-campus recruiting, or seeking employees or interns, we're here to assist you! To engage with talented students, employers can participate in a range of events such as job fairs, interviews, employer industry panels, info sessions, and mock interviews.
We look forward to partnering with you!
General Information: Handshake is a career management platform that allows students to apply to your job, internship, and apprenticeship opportunities with ease. As an employer on Handshake, you can post jobs, create events, attend fairs, and message students who fit the talent profile you're seeking.
- Connect with Collin College on Handshake and post your jobs and events.
- New to Handshake? Get started with a free Handshake Account for Employers.
- Post jobs and internship opportunities on Handshake
Employer Handshake Checklist: :
- Create a user account, https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
- Join your existing company on Handshake, or create a new one
- Request to connect with schools
- Customize your profile
- Set notification preferences
- Build your recruiting skills
- Get started
Promote your job opportunities to students at our various campuses. Our Career Center Managers will arrange for you to have a table in a high-traffic area of the campus to ensure maximum visibility for your recruiting team. You may distribute company job applications or collect resumes in addition to promoting your organization. Table Recruiting Events are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Organization name will be identified on all materials
- Material will not solicit an off-campus business, organization, agency, national association, or charitable group products and/or services
- Material is not obscene, defamatory, or directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is not likely to incite or produce such action
- Pedestrian traffic will not be obstructed
- Disruption or disturbance of regular academic and institutional programs or other approved activities is prohibited
- Individuals may not be accosted, shouted at, forced to purchase items, or required to complete an organization's survey
- The Recruiting Table will be for the express purpose of recruiting employees for employment opportunities posted through Cougar Careers
- Agreement to maintain the cleanliness of the area
- Agreement to assume financial responsibility for loss or damage to property
If you would like to host an informational table at any of our campuses, please fill out the online employer table request form HERE.
Our virtual and in-person job fairs bring together students, alumni, and employers for networking, recruiting, and career conversations. We host a variety of virtual job fairs utilizing Cougar Careers powered by Handshake. Our in-person job fairs are hosted at our various campuses.
Participate in the upcoming Virtual Career Fair via Handshake.
Networking with our students is a great way to promote your company! The Career Center can host topic-specific employer events not already offered among our student engagement opportunities, such as speed networking, employer industry panels, career panels, and more!
Mock interviews allow students to practice their interviewing skills with real industry professionals. Students are given feedback on their resumes and how to improve their interviewing skills, so employers can be directly involved in prepping students.
Question? Contact us at Career@Collin.edu.
The Collin College Career Center encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our events and meet with our staff. Persons with disabilities may submit a request for accommodations to participate in events at the ACCESS website. You may also call (972) 881-5898 for assistance or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests should be made two weeks in advance.
Follow us: Facebook