Career Center Faculty Resource Page
Do you want someone to speak to your class? The Career Center staff can provide professional presentations on a variety of career-related topics! Requests are granted based on staff availability and are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, so we ask that you make your request at least ten business days prior to your desired date. Presentations can be requested Monday - Friday between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. As a general guide, all requests must have a minimum of 10 participants.
Presentation topics include:
· Career Center Overview
· Major & Career Exploration
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Job and Internship Search Strategies
· Profile Building and Networking on LinkedIn
Please fill out the Career Center Presentation Request form to schedule your presentation, please click HERE.
Meet Our Team:
- Celina Campus - Alex Kalldin, email@example.com
- Courtyard Campus - Adam Clawson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmersville Campus - Dr. Dawn Gomez, email@example.com
- Frisco Campus - KeVonna Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
- McKinney Campus - Richard Blazevich, email@example.com
- Plano Campus - Arturo Silva, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Campus - Adam Clawson, email@example.com
- Wylie Campus - John Daniels, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career Center Resources:
Some students may be unclear about their major and what potential that particular major has for future employment. Refer them to Career Center, where they can take MyPlan assessments (License Code T8RJ2L2S) to help guide them in the wide range of employment possibilities.
Encourage students looking to intern or find employment to come to mock interviews with the Career Center. These interviews will allow students to gain valuable experience about interview etiquette and the "do's" and "don'ts" of interviewing. Interviewers will also be able to provide students with invaluable feedback that they can use in the future.
Job Search Skills Program
The Career Center offers a number of programs on resume writing, interviewing tips, networking, and more. Encourage students who are looking to get internships and jobs to come to these programs.
Recommend that interested students attend one of our job fairs, where they will have the opportunity to speak with various employers about job and internship possibilities.
Register for Career Center Events on Cougar Connect.
Question? Contact us at Career@Collin.edu.
The Collin College Career Center encourages persons with disabilities to participate in our events and meet with our staff. Persons with disabilities may submit a request for accommodations to participate in events at the ACCESS website. You may also call (972) 881-5898 for assistance or send an email to email@example.com. All requests should be made two weeks in advance.