Appointments Currently enrolled students may schedule a confidential appointment with a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), a supervised LPC intern, or other professional staff:
- by phone - 972-881-5126
- by email - email@example.com (please include CWID # and preferred campus)
- by stopping by any of the Counseling Services Department locations
The primary purpose of Counseling Services is to provide short-term and immediate assistance in order to facilitate students' college success and adjustment. Personal Counseling entails:
- Individual counseling with a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- A confidential, non-judgmental setting.
- Discussion of variety of issues such as coping with stress, anxiety, grief, and relationship issues.
- Help with learning assertive communication, time management, and study strategies.
If it is determined that your situation requires counseling beyond the scope of practice of Collin Counseling Services, you will be referred to an outside agency.
Career Counseling provides assistance in choosing and confirming a major, creating an action plan to reach educational goals, and learning about the "world of work."
Typical Career Counseling process:
- Students can make an initial, confidential appointment with a career counselor.
- Counselor and student will create a personalized plan that may include assessments.
- Students can then return for further counseling, planning, and interpretation of assessments.