Campus facilities are closed until further notice. Limited in-person appointments
Stay informed: COVID-19 Updates and FAQS
Remote TSI accommodations
If you have yet to request accomodations for the TSI assessment, please refer to this form.
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) assessment is a college placement exam. The TSI is administered by colleges under the Accuplacer system. The TSI exam has three sections (reading, writing, and math) that can be taken together or separately.
A pre-assessment is required before taking the TSI. It can be found by visiting: Mandatory Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
Complete the TSI pre-assessment found at Mandatory Pre-Assessment Activity here.
Due to the current outbreak, we are still administering TSI assessments remotely using Zoom.
Download Zoom onto the computer you will be using to take your exam.
Check to see if Zoom is set up correctly by clicking here.
Check to see if your computer can run TSI/Accuplacer by clicking here.
If you do not have a computer or laptop with a camera or external web cam, please email email@example.com
When it is time for your appointment:
- Sit in a quiet place where you will be undisturbed while testing.
- Clear a workspace for your monitor, mouse, keyboard, blank scratch paper, and pencil. All other items must be removed from your table/desk.
- Calculators are not allowed unless you have a prescribed accommodation.
- Be sure to have your photo ID ready. You will need to show it to your proctor. We will remove this once we add the ability for students to upload files in our online form (which is currently being created)
- An email will be sent to you the day before your test containing your Zoom meeting URL, meeting ID and meeting password, as well as your TSI voucher number. Please have this information ready for your scheduled appointment time.
You must have a valid, government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, state identification card, or passport. We also accept student IDs.
Once you have submitted your request for remote proctoring, a voucher will be sent to you for your test date. On the day of testing, you will be required to type in your voucher code to begin your test. Please keep your voucher available if multiple days of testing are needed, as you will use the same code.
If you need to retake any or all portions of the TSI, please submit a new request.
Once your accommodations have been approved and you have completed the steps above, click here to register for the TSI Assessment.
Who must take the TSI Assessment?
Unless otherwise exempt or waived, all degree-seeking students registering at a Texas public college or university must take the TSI Assessment.
What do I do with my scores after I take the TSI?
You will receive your scores soon after completing the assessment. Those scores will be reviewed with you by an advisor to assist in setting up coursework.
What do I need to have?
You will need to have proper identification (see above) and a good attitude! We would suggest that you take breaks and have a small snack or water during the exam.
How long is the Assessment?
The TSI Assessment is untimed, but plan on having about 2 hours for each section of the exam.