Keys to Workplace Success
COOPERATIVE WORK EXPERIENCE
CO-OP & INTERNSHIPS
Relevant experience Earn academic credit Clarify career goals
It's a win-win for student, employer, & community!
Cooperative Work Experience (Co-op) is an educational program which combines classroom learning with supervised practical work experience (internships). Co-op is a course that results in two to five credit hours in a 2-year degree or certificate program, and is available for both transfer and technical students. It may be an elective or a required course in the academic program, and it does transfer to a university as part of the 2-year core program.
Co-op internships are made possible by a strong partnership between the student, employer, and Collin College. Job search assistance is available or you may use your current, related job with Co-op's approval.
Students experience your career field!
- Completed one semester at Collin and currently enrolled
- Declared in a degree or certificate program
- GPA of 2.5 or better & completed up to 9 credit hours in your major
- Co-enrolled in minimum of one 3-hour credit course while in Co-op
- Work 320 total hours in 16 weeks (summer varies)
- Prepare and execute 5 competencies based goals on the job
- Attend 16 hours of Professional Development Seminars
- Submit 3-5 page Reflection Paper
Step 1: Submit Student Inquiry Card
Step 2: Contact Larry Maughan by E-mail
Co-op enrolls students every month and accepts Employer Requests anytime - not only at main semesters!
Co-op employers have included: JCPenney, Marriott Hotels, Country Wide Home Loans, STMicroelectronics, Fossil Studios, Texas Instruments, Holiday Inns, AMS Production Group, Renaissance, Sodexho, and Ruth Chris Steak House
Looking for Seminars???
Visit our new Online Seminar page