Testing Center Guidelines
The Collin College Testing Centers have developed the following guidelines to ensure that our services are provided in a secure, confidential and efficient manner:
- Students must present a Collin College ID card (CWID) for all instructors' exams. For all other assessments and examinations, please check with Testing Center staff on permissible identification. No one will be allowed to test without proper identification.
- Any items not required for your exam including notes, books, purses and calculators must be left outside of the testing room. Lockers are provided for your convenience.
- NO phones, smart watches, or any other personal electronic devices will be allowed in the testing room. All such devices must be placed in a locker or held by Testing Center staff while testing. The Testing Center assumes no responsibility for personal belongings.
- NO hats (unless worn as a religious requirement) or raised hoods are permitted in testing rooms.
- Testing Center personnel visually monitor students while testing. Closed-circuit cameras are used to monitor and record all activity in the Testing Centers. Any infractions of the Student Code of Conduct while testing will be reported to the instructor and to the Dean of Students Office.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the testing room.
- Once you begin an exam, you must complete it in one sitting, unless otherwise indicated by your instructor.
- You are expected to test independently.
- Respect others by remaining quiet during your exam.
- Color-coding is used to seat students to maximize test security. You will be instructed
which desk to occupy. You may be moved at any time at the discretion of Testing Center
- Only students taking exams are allowed in the Testing Center - no children or pets (see Student Code of Conduct 7-1.1, B and C)
- When your exam is completed, all exam materials, including scratch paper, must be
given to the Testing Center staff. You may not leave with any notes or any portion
of the exam.
- All exams are collected at closing time, even if not complete. It is the responsibility
of the student to ensure they have enough time to complete the exam.
- Testing Center personnel must end a test session if all directions and procedures are not followed.
- If you have any questions or concerns before, during, or after your exam, please notify
Testing Center personnel.