Writing Center consultants will assist students in learning how to:
- Understand the assignment and professor’s expectations.
- Brainstorm, plan, and/or organize ideas for a writing assignment.
- Construct a thesis statement, topic sentence, or determine the focus of the paper.
- Develop and connect supporting ideas to the main idea or thesis statement.
- Apply proper citation methods for MLA, APA, or Chicago.
- Take ownership of the paper and the ideas contained in the paper.
- Develop the ability to revise independently.
Writing Center consultants will not write papers for students, proofread or edit papers, judge papers according to grade, or guarantee a quick “fix” for students' writing problems.
Should students need to cancel a scheduled appointment, in order to avoid penalties,
they must cancel online at www.mywco.com/springcreekwc for OWL or Spring Creek In-house appointments, https://collin.mywconline.net/ for Preston Ridge In-house appointments, and collincpc.mywconline.com/ for Central Park. Students may visit any Collin College Writing Center in person
at least one hour prior to an appointment to cancel.
FREE WORKSHOPS (by campus):
Follow Us on Facebook