WHAT THE WRITING CENTER WILL DO:
- Assist students in understanding the assignment & professor’s expectations.
- Help students in brainstorming, planning, and/or organizing ideas for a writing assignment.
- Teach students how to construct a thesis statement, topic sentence, and/or determine the focus of the paper.
- Assist students in developing supporting ideas and connecting those ideas to the main idea, or thesis statement.
- Teach students proper citation methods, whether MLA, APA, or Chicago formatting is required.
- Encourage students’ ownership of the paper, the ideas contained in the paper, and development of the student’s ability to revise independently.
WHAT THE WRITING CENTER WILL NOT DO:
- Tutors will not write the paper for the student.
- Tutors will not proofread and/or edit the paper.
- Tutors will not judge the paper, according to grade.
- Tutors cannot guarantee a quick “fix” for student’s writing problem.
Follow Us On Facebook