The focus of the Dental Assistant Training will be on learning the
techniques of: dental theory and terminology, four-handed chair side
procedures, exposing and processing dental radiographs (x-rays),
introduction to digital and panoramic radiology, infection control
standards, obtaining impressions of the oral cavity for the fabrication of
study models and custom trays used for vital bleaching procedures, preparing
dental materials, and fabrication of provisional coverage (temporary
- Understand oral anatomy and dental terminology
- Understand x-ray theory and techniques (exposure methods, darkroom care and maintenance, x-ray safety)
- Develop x-rays
- Understand different impression materials and their uses
- Pour models and trim. Use different sterilization techniques
- Participate in chairside assisting and suctioning
- Know different dental instruments and materials and their proper care and sterilization
- Make temporaries and wax bites
- Discuss dental emergencies and appropriate procedures
- Use proper telephone techniques and appointment book control
- Understand all aspects of billing. File insurance forms and pre-treatment estimates
- Function effectively in many dental administrative and clerical positions
- Describe the roles of a professional dental assistant
- Manage health information and records according to privacy policies
- Identify the many dental instruments and their use
- Describe how to perform many dental assisting procedures
- Assist the dental office in the event of an emergency
Is this course for you?
A stimulating fast-paced dental assisting program designed to prepare
you to function effectively as an integral member of the dental health
care team. The TXBDE RDA exam is
included in this course. Students must bring a scantron for the
- 100 hours of classroom and lab experience at the newly remodeled Dental Hygiene Clinic - CPC (McKinney)
- 50 hours of clinical time at a local dental facility
- You must successfully complete both classroom and clinical portions to be exam eligible
Click the link above and then submit completed application with ALL
documentation to the CE Healthcare office located at the Courtyard Center, Ste. 425. You may submit it by fax: 972.985.3782 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
| mail: 4800 Preston Park Blvd., Ste. 425, Plano, TX 75093 | personal delivery. We will not review your application while you wait.
You may also be interested in ...
Essentials of Dental Assisting
for course Dental Assistant Training syllabus.
The TXBDE RDA exam is included in the cost of this
course. Students will need to purchase scantron forms from the bookstore before the
Course Hours: 100
Clinical Hours: 50
Insurance liability: $5-$13
are required for class.
Have questions about how to get registered with the TXBDE?
Link to the application for the
TXBDE RDA Certification - application fee is $36.