Strategic and specific grant writing helps align the identified needs of a nonprofit (and its clients) with funding sources, whether foundations, government agencies, corporations or individuals. This course offers a guide to the technical details of grant writing, an increasingly crucial method for raising money to fund projects and programs for nonprofits and other organizations. The course explores the relationship of grant writing to an organization’s strategy for fundraising which is critical to running the business aspects of the nonprofit organzation. It also outlines the stages of grant writing and highlights grant writing best practices.
1. Learn the importance of grant writing for nonprofits and other organizations seeking funding.
2. Outline stages of the grant writing process.
3. Discover how to research grant makers and available grants.
4. Learn the process of establishing relationships with potential funders.
5. Understand the importance of alignment between and nonprofit and funder's mission.
6. Explore tools and technical details critical in writing a succssful grant proposal.
7. Learn techniques for following up after winning or losing a grant.
8. Outline best practices for grant writing.
Who Should Take This Course?
Nonprofit organizations or those wishing to start a nonprofit.
You may also be interested in:
Search for Cont Ed courses without logging into CougarWeb.
Search by Term, then subject(s) and course title (optional).
Search and register online for Cont Ed courses by term (semester) using CougarWeb.
Returning student without a login should email firstname.lastname@example.org
New students who would like to register online need to go through the Continuing Education admissions process to receive a CougarWeb login.
Instructions to search for courses, register online and apply for CE CougarWeb access are found here.
registration are three additional ways to register for Continuing Education courses.