Financial Aid Instructions - it is very important to read and follow each step to ensure timely processing of your financial aid:
Please complete FAFSA 2017/18 to apply for financial aid.
2. Contact Continuing Education (CE) admissions at 972.985.3711 and tell them you are applying for financial aid and need to be "admitted" as a continuing education student into our system. Once admitted, your student ID (CWID) will be e-mailed to you. The CWID must be included each time you communicate with Collin College s financial aid department who makes the financial aid decisions.
3. Along with your CWID (Step 2) you will receive a User ID and Password to log into Collin College s user system. Please follow the log-in instructions to access your CougarWeb account. This is where you will need to track your financial aid status and any additional documents that may have been requested in support of your financial aid application. You will be notified via the email you listed on your FAFSA if any additional documentation is needed in support of your financial aid application.
4. Complete the form that is accessed via this link CE Financial Aid Form and email it to email@example.com. Collin College s Financial Aid department needs to know your CWID, name(s) of courses you intend to take, the course start date(s), and the tuition for these courses.
5. It takes about one week for the completed FAFSA application to be processed and sent to Collin College s Financial Aid department. For this reason students should wait at least one week before asking questions about their financial aid status.
6. Collin College s Financial Aid department will not look at your application for Continuing Education funding until a) your FAFSA application has been fully supported with all required documents and b) you have been admitted to Collin College as a CE student. Be sure to provide to FAFSA all documentation that has been requested by them to avoid any delays in processing your application.
7. Financial Aid for Continuing Education courses is available 1) based on a student s financial need as determined through the FAFSA application process for Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and 2) only if funds are available through the Texas Public Education Grant. The maximum amount of financial aid award for continuing education courses is $1,500 and must be applied to the cost of tuition.
No other type of aid such as PELL grant or student loans are available to pay for continuing education courses.
8. Award notification will be sent to your email address which you provided on the FAFSA and will also be posted on your CougarWeb account.
9. Once your financial aid has been awarded, please call 972.985.3711 to enroll in the course(s). Financial Aid students may register by telephone or in person only. Online registration will not be permitted.
If you have questions
about your financial aid status, please contact or visit a
financial aid office at one of the credit campuses listed below.
In all communication be sure
to include your CWID and that you are a Continuing Education
Continuing Education Financial Aid Application Process takes
about 5 - 6 weeks.