All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
National Cybersecurity Groups
These national groups have a focus on cybersecurtiy that help keep the cybersecurity practitioner knowledgeable and prepared for the challenges faced in today's organizations.
- ISACA — focuses on the fields of governance, control, risk, security and audit/assurance to drive strategy in their organizations.
- ISC2 — an international, nonprofit membership association for information security leaders (ISC2 Blog)
- EC Council — the world’s largest cyber security technical certification body (Blog: https://blog.eccouncil.org/)
- Information Systems Security Association International — the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency — CISA is the Nation’s risk advisor, working with partners to defend against today’s threats and collaborating to build more secure and resilient infrastructure for the future.
- InfraGuard — partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and members of the private sector for the protection of U.S. Critical Infrastructure. Through seamless collaboration, InfraGard connects owners and operators within critical infrastructure to the FBI, to provide education, information sharing, networking, and workshops on emerging technologies and threats. InfraGard’s membership includes: business executives, entrepreneurs, lawyers, security personnel, military and government officials, IT professionals, academia and state and local law enforcement—all dedicated to contributing industry-specific insight and advancing national security.
Local Cybersecurity Groups
- North Texas ISSA — The Dallas/Fort Worth area has many large corporations, government organizations,
and educational institutions. Our membership comes from the network and information
systems professionals of these organizations and institutions, as well as vendors
of security products. We seek to provide our members with access to information and
resources to assist their employers in securing critical information resources.
- NTXISSA Student Chapter — The student chapter of the North Texas ISSA group.
- North Texas InfraGuard — The local Dallas chapter of the InfraGuard association.
Industry Advisory Board
We have an industry advisory with members from local industry partners: NTT Data, Palo Alto Networks, NTXISSA, Raytheon, McAfee, Texas Instruments, and other organizations that help guild our Cybersecurity program.
Latest Industry News
Dark Reading — https://www.darkreading.com/
CISA.gov — https://www.cisa.gov/
krebs — https://krebsonsecurity.com/
Find the cybersecurity news channel that fits you best — https://blog.feedspot.com/cyber_security_news_rss_feeds/
EC Council — https://www.eccouncil.org/resources/whitepapers/
SANS/InfoSec — https://www.sans.org/white-papers/?msc=main-nav
Tip of the day — https://www.sans.org/tip-of-the-day?msc=main-nav