MUSIC TO BE PERFORMED AT AUDITION
(Maximum Audition Time: 7 minutes)
(In the box below, please submit an essay of no more than 300 words describing your short- and long-range music and professional goals and how studying at Collin College will help them achieve these goals.
(Maximum characters: 2000)
You have characters left.
Collin Department of Music Scholarship Requirements:
- Student must maintain full-time status at Collin (12 semester hours - minimum load).
- Cumulative and GPA of 2.5.
- Current GPA of 3.0 in music courses.
- Student must be Music Majors and remain enrolled in appropriate applied lessons and ensemble as listed in the class schedule under MUAP2200-level Applied Lessons for the semester in which the scholarship is awarded. Co-requisite requirements for these lessons include attendance at all Wednesday Noon Recitals, two recital performances, enrollment in four hours of music courses (not including the ensemble).
- Student must be available to represent the College in performance at selected music events on and off campus.
- Student may re-apply the following long semester for renewal only if they have maintained the above conditions and requirements of the scholarship
- There is a limit of five (5) semesters for which a Collin student may receive a music department scholarship.
- Prior to scholarship audition, student must submit a completed Application for Music Scholarship form, official high school transcripts (if less than 15 college credits), and college transcripts (transfer student).
Scholarships will be awarded as a credit for the purpose of covering tuition, books, etc. Any funds not used may be rolled into the next semester if the student is funded again. If not, the money returns to the music scholarship fund to be divided the following semester among qualified awardees.
By submitting this application, I agree with the above conditions and co-requisite requirements.