Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Center For Academic Assistance
1. Do not come into the lab if you are not feeling well.
2. Wear a mask
3. Practice social distancing
4. Come prepared by reading your assigned sections and attemping the homework.
HOW THE MATH LAB WORKS
- The McKinney Campus Math Lab is an open lab; no appointments are required. Our tutors help question by question but generally are not able to sit with students for extended periods of time. Please plan time accordingly to have all your questions answered.
- Students sign in and out of the Math Lab with their CWID.
- Once students have their material ready, they simply need to raise their hand to let a tutor know they are ready with a question.
- The Math Lab offers computers, graphing calculators, and head phones for student use. We also offer current editions of textbooks used in math classes, student solutions manuals, helpful reference sheets and on-campus printing. A student ID is required to check out materials for use while in the lab.
- Students have access to My Math Lab, Connect Math and Web Assign.
- Students have access to Mathematica.
- Curriculum required software, programs, and apps can be downloaded to TI-83 and TI-84 calculators.
HOW TUTORING WORKS
- Tutors CAN review and explain concepts already taught in class.
- Tutors CAN help with homework problems and other example problems to help students gain mastery.
- Tutors CAN help students review for tests.
- Tutors CAN help students with study skills and note taking. We offer workshops during the academic year on these topics.
- Tutors CANNOT introduce new concepts or teach missed class material.
- Tutors CANNOT work lab problems but CAN find and explain example problems so students can relate and apply the mathematical principles to their lab assignments.
- Tutors CANNOT help with take-home tests.
- The lab is a study environment and we ask that there be no cell phone use, loud socializing or video viewing without headphones.
- Please only use covered containers for drinks and do not place them near the computer stations.
- All students must abide by Collin’s Student Code of Conduct to ensure a safe learning environment for everyone.
NEW!! ROWOPS information for TI83 and TI84 calculators
Math Lab Handout and Links
These handouts may assist you in understanding some of the concepts addressed in your
Graphing Piece-Wise Functions on the Calculator
Professor Online Math Notes (Lamar University)
Second floor of C-wing