Annual Security Reports
Safety and security is a concern for all members of the Collin College community including students, employees, and visitors. Collin College prepares an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (ASR) every year in order to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f) (Clery Act). Click here to read more about the Clery Act and its requirements.
Information contained in the ASR includes, but is not limited to:
- campus crime, arrest, and referral statistics (i.e., campus crime statistics), which
include incidents reported to the Collin College Police Department, designated campus
security authorities (CSAs), and local law enforcement agencies;
- policies, procedures, and information on emergency plans and emergency notifications;
- policies and procedures for alcohol and drug use;
- policies and procedures for handling reports of dating violence, domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking;
- information on the Collin College Police Department;
- information on how and to whom to report a crime;
- campus and community resources available to victims; and
- fire safety information and fire statistics for Century Court Student Housing (Century
Each ASR is prepared in cooperation with the local law enforcement agencies surrounding Collin College’s main campuses, centers, and alternative sites, Century Court Student Housing (Century Court) management, the Collin College Police Department, the Dean of Students Office (DOS), and the Human Resources Office (HR). Each entity provides updated information on their educational efforts and programs to comply with the Clery Act annually.
Collin College's most recent ASR is linked below, and ASRs from previous calendar
years are located in the left-hand column.
Corrections to previous ASRs:
- 2016 ASR - The statistic for the Preston Ridge Campus (PRC) under calendar year 2015 in the Non-campus category for Arrests: Drug Abuse Violations was revised on September 28, 2018, to reflect the accurate number of "0." The statistic was previously incorrectly reported as a "2" in this document. See page 86 for this correction.
- 2017 ASR - The statistic for the Preston Ridge Campus (PRC) under calendar year 2015 in the Non-campus category for Arrests: Drug Abuse Violations was revised on September 28, 2018, to reflect the accurate number of "0." The statistic was previously incorrectly reported as a "2" in this document. See page 73 for this correction.