Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Are mindful of their environment.
Take care of their friends and classmates.
Ask their friends and classmates to take care of them.
Familiarize themselves with campus resources.
Have the Collin College Police Department number (972.578.5555) programmed into their cell phones.
Speak up to stop violence.
Are willing to act.
Questions to ask before taking action:
Am I concerned about a situation becoming a potential problem?
Do I recognize someone who may need help?
Do I see others and myself as part of the solution?
Do I have a responsibility to act?
If the roles were reversed would I want or need someone to intervene?
How can I keep myself and others safe if I intervene?
- What are my available options? Options may include, but are not limited to:
- creating a distraction,
- interrupting a situation,
- removing others and myself from the situation,
- checking in to make sure friends and any vulnerable individuals make it home safely, and
- speaking out against social norms that support violence.
Are there others I can call for help, including 911 and the Collin College Police Department?
What are the benefits and costs of taking action?
- Educate yourself and others about gender inequality, prohibited conduct, the causes of violence, healthy relationships, and consent to sexual activity.
- Challenge the myths surrounding violence and prohibited conduct. Understand how your attitudes and actions may perpetuate these myths, and work toward changing them.
- Don't make excuses for other people's inappropriate behavior.
- Don't blame the victim.
- Gently offer support if you suspect someone close to you has been a victim of violence.
1. Title IX Coordinator for Students
Dean of Students
Office: CHEC 457
2. Title IX Coordinator for Employees
Vice President of Employee Engagement
Office: CHEC 349
3. Deputy Title IX Coordinator for Employees
Office: CHEC 345
In addition, students can report prohibited conduct to an instructor, counselor, administrator, campus security authority (CSA), or other college district employee of file the appropriate online complaint form.
Remember: If you see something, say something!