All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, blended, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
TSI Partial Exemptions
- A student with an ACT Composite Score of 23 (or higher) is exempt from TSI Math with an ACT Math score of 19 (or higher) even though the ACT English may be less than 19. A student with an ACT Composite Score of 23 (or higher) is exempt from TSI ELAR with an ACT English score of 19 or higher, even though the Math may be less than 19. Scores must be less than 5 years old. (College Code 4046)
- A student with a SAT qualifying score of 480 Evidence-Based Reading & Writing is exempt from TSI ELAR. A student with a SAT Math score of 530 or above is exempt from TSI Math. This exemption is for SAT administration that are less than five years old. (College Code 1951)
- A student with a minimum score 165 on the GED Mathematical Reasoning subject test is exempt for TSI Math. A student with a minimum score 165 on the GED Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) subject test is exempt for TSI ELAR.
- A student with a minumum score of 15 on the HiSET Mathematics subtest is exempt for
TSI Math. A student with a minumum score of 15 on the HiSET Reading subtest and a minimum score of 15 on the Writing subtest, including a minimum score of 4 on the essay, is exempt for TSI ELAR. Note: HiSET scores are only valid on tests taken through 8/31/2021.
All test scores must be documented on an official document (transcript). Faxes, student score reports, or Xerox copies are not considered official.
May I register for classes pending the arrival of my official scores?
YES, YOU CAN!
Once your application has been processed by Admissions, you may submit a Conditional TSI Compliance Contract and an unofficial copy of your qualifying scores to:
- The Director of Testing (by email or fax at (972) 548-6577)
- Academic Planning/Advising (in person)
- Admissions (in person)
This contract will allow 30 days for your OFFICIAL TSI documentation to arrive! CLICK HERE for the contract and complete details!