ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
The Health Professions Department includes the Health Professions Certification and Degree Programs, the Health Science Academy in Plano, and Dual Credit Health Science courses.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - Health Professions curriculum is divided into five tracks, allowing the students to focus on the specialization area that best fits their career goals:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Track
- Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician Track
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Track
- Patient Care Technician (PCT) Track
- Phlebotomy Technician (PHLEB) Track
Additionally, the Certificate - Health Professions curriculum is divided into four areas: CNA, EKG, PCT, and PHLEB.
There are also three Occupational Skills Awards (OSA) in CNA, EKG, and PHLEB, to allow
student to build their knowledge and skills as they progress the different levels
READY TO APPLY?
**Please note: These steps apply to general population and concurrent enrollment students ONLY. If you are a Dual Credit student, please follow the enrollment process of your school district.**
To apply for admission to one of our clinical programs, you must complete ALL of the steps listed below. If you are applying for multiple programs, you must complete an application form (STEP 3) for EACH program.
Students who are completing the PCT track must complete an application form (STEP 3) for EACH program and EACH semester. Enrollment does not "roll-over" from one semester to the next. Each semester is considered a new enrollment for students.
- STEP 1 - Apply to Collin College.
- STEP 2 - Complete ALL admission requirements (remove all holds from your account).
- STEP 3 - Complete the Health Professions Application Form.
- STEP 4 - Create a CastleBranch Account. (Note: CastleBranch is a third-party company. If you are having trouble with your account
or any of your uploads/submissions, you must contact CastleBranch directly.)
- STEP 5 - Upload ALL Program Requirements to CastleBranch for approval. (Note: The flu shot is NOT required for summer term courses, and is not required for admission to fall courses, but must be completed as soon as the new season's shot is released.)
- STEP 6 - Once you have completed the form AND all of your CastleBranch requirements have been approved, you must email Dr. Westcott to verify your application and clearance for admission to the program. (Note: If you do not email Dr. Westcott, your spot in the program is NOT guaranteed. Program admission is based on completion of all required admission steps
and availability of seats within your chosen course.)
- STEP 7 - WAIT for an email from Dr. Westcott stating that your department permits have been applied
to your account. (Note: Department permits are not issued until AFTER the application deadline has passed. See below for specific dates.)
- STEP 8 - Register and pay for your classes on CougarWeb.
- STEP 9 - Purchase program textbook, program scrubs, and patch from the McKinney Campus bookstore.
Health Professions Application Deadlines:
Fall Semester = 2nd Friday in August
Spring Semester = 2nd Friday in December
Summer Semester = 2nd Friday in May