All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually, hybrid, or in person.
View College COVID-19 Information
Mental Health Resources (Counseling)
Mental Health Counseling:
Click here to watch a video about our services.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a counselor, please contact us:
Phone: (972) 881 5126.
Collin College Counselors aim to support our students' success by offering counseling
services to help maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. Students seek counseling
for a variety of reasons, which include but aren't limited to: depression, anxiety,
relationship issues, trauma, general wellness, domestic violence/abuse, academic concerns,
alcohol/drug addiction, gender identity, eating/body image, stress, etc.
All issues are taken seriously, and no problem is "too small" to discuss.
Counseling Services is designed to meet the needs of Collin College students with compassion, honesty and confidentiality.
Once you begin classes at Collin College, you are eligible for counseling services.
We look forward to working with you.
Counseling Services also offers virtual seminars on a variety of wellness topics throughout the semester.
Counseling Services Spring 2022 FAQ and Seminar Schedule.
Students needing accommodations for counseling sessions or seminars can request through the ACCESS office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (972) 881 5898.
Collin College Counseling Services does not provide court ordered evaluations, mental health evaluations for disability, anger management or other rehabilitative counseling for probation or parole and cannot serve as a counselor of record for divorce or custody mediation.
Counseling Services are located at four of our main campuses and are available for currently enrolled students. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency during non-operational hours, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
Please call, email or stop by to get more information or to set up an appointment. See contact information below:
2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway
Plano, Texas 75074
P: (972) 881-5126
F: (972) 881-5688
Founders Room 144
9700 Wade Boulevard
Frisco, Texas 75035
P: (972) 377-1781
2200 West University Drive
McKinney, Texas 75071
P: (972) 548 6648
Campus Commons Suite 215
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, TX 75098
(972) 378 8356
Counseling Services Email: email@example.com
Frisco Campus: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Tuesday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
McKinney Campus: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Plano Campus: Monday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wylie Campus: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
What you say in counseling will be treated by all Counseling Center staff with strict confidentiality. Your information is protected by state and federal laws and will not be disclosed to anyone outside Counseling Services without your written permission.
In some instances, when, in the judgment of the counselor, you or someone else is in imminent danger, your permission may not be needed. Other possible exceptions will be discussed in your first session.
Counseling records are considered personal health information and are protected by federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) statutes.
FREE TELEMEDICINE FOR STUDENTS. This includes medical, mental health and health coaching services. Click the link below for more information.
CougarCare 24/7 Telehealth Services
- Anonymous Mental Health and Substance Abuse Online Screening
- CampusWell Publication (Helpful wellness articles for Collin College Students)
- Spring 2022 Counseling Services FAQ and Seminar Schedule
- Concerned about another student? Click here to submit a SOBI referral to our team and we will work to ensure students are safe and provided with appropriate resources.
- 2020 Drug Awareness and Perception Survey Summary Report
- Drug Free Schools and Communities Act 2021 Notice
We provide referral information regarding appropriate community resources for students whose needs are beyond the scope of our services. Contact the counseling office for more information or to schedule an appointment to speak with a counselor.
Collin County Mental Health Authority:
- For a serious mental health non-life threatening crisis requiring professional intervention, call the Local Mental Health Authority: LifePath Behavioral Health Services at 1(877) 422-5939.
- To visit the LifePath Behavioral Health Services website click here.
- LifePath's Plano Outpatient Clinic is located at 7308 Alma Drive Plano, TX 75024
- LifePath's McKinney Outpatient Clinic is located at 1515 Heritage Drive McKinney, TX 75069
- Collin College Campus Police: (972) 578-5555
- Hope's Door New Beginnings Center Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: (972) 276-0057
- Turning Point Rape Crisis Center Hotline: 1(800) 866-7273
- The Trevor Project: 1 (866) 488-7386
- The Trans Lifeline: 1 (877) 565-8860
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1(800) 273 8255, Press 1
- Denton County MHMR Crisis Hotline: 1(800) 762-0157