1. Please review the information on the Respiratory Care website. Questions may be sent to the Academic Advisor, Lisa Gibbs, at LGibbs@collin.edu or the Program Director, Araceli Solis, at ASolis@collin.edu.
2. Complete the pre-requisites. All Science classes must be completed within 5 years of the start date of the fall semester during the program admission year. HPRS 1204 must be taken within two years of the first day of class in the fall semester.
3. Complete as many general education requirements (all non-RSPT classes in the curriculum).
Completion of these courses will greatly improve the quality of your application.
4. Earn the highest GPA possible for the general education courses listed in our curriculum. The GPA average plays a major role in the admission process.
5. Attend a Program Information Session in the admission year. Multiple sessions are scheduled between September and May.
6. BEFORE the application deadline, send official transcripts from all previous colleges attended to: Respiratory Care Program Director --Office H207, Collin College Central Park Campus 2200 West University Drive, McKinney, Texas 75071. If you are NEW to Collin, please submit transcripts to the Admissions Office first. If you are already a student at Collin, you must re-submit official transcripts to the Respiratory Program.
7. Schedule and complete the PSB examination for Allied Health Occupations by the first week of May of the admission year. To schedule the exam, please pay for the exam at the Cashier's Office at CPC. Contact the program Administrative Assistant at 972.548.6679 and provide proof of receipt. Seats for the exam are limited.
8. Print and complete the Respiratory Care program application located on the program website. After reviewing the application packet, return it to the address listed above by 5:00 PM on the second Friday in May of the admission year. **Courses still in progress will be considered for selective scoring.
What Happens Next?
The Program Director and program staff will evaluate the applications and select 26 applicants who qualify. Alternates, if any, will be identified at this time as well. Alternates will be notified of their status during June or July and further instructions will be provided to complete the admission process at that time.