The Best Faculty in the U.S. and Texas
- Three Collin College professors have held the title of U.S. Professor of the Year, a highly-coveted award presented by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The U.S. Professor of the Year award is considered the pinnacle of collegiate teaching. Collin College is the only college or university in Texas to have three national honorees.
- Two Collin College professors have taken the honor of top college or university professor in Texas and have been named Texas Professor of the Year in 2006 and 2012.
- The college faculty also include five Minnie Stevens Piper Professors, one of Texas’ highest honors bestowed upon college and university professors, and an honoree of the Teaching Excellence Award, presented by the Texas Mathematical Association of Two Year Colleges. Moreover, the faculty are comprised of countless authors, patent holders, noted scholars and experts who have been honored for their research.
- Collin College professors and staff share their expertise and viewpoints in national publications.
A Proven Leader in Education
- Collin College was the first Texas community college to offer the university pre-admission program, allowing students to earn credit at Collin College and a major university simultaneously. Pre-admission allows students to complete their first two years of their bachelor’s degrees at Collin College, apply for pre-admission to any of the ten partner universities and be guaranteed admission to the partner university when admission requirements are met. Visit TransferU to view current university partners.
- In response to the critical need for classroom teachers, Collin College became the first community college in the nation to offer alternative teacher certification. The college’s Alternative Teacher Certification Program was one of only 10 in the nation to receive a “Teaching By Choice Award” from the American Association of Community Colleges. In addition, Collin College launched the associate of arts in teaching to further assist with the teaching shortage.
- In addition to the core curriculum, Collin College offers extensive training in the health professions and public service fields, including nursing, respiratory therapy, dental hygiene, emergency medical services, health information technology, polysomnography, surgical technology, fire science, and law enforcement. Certificates can be earned in a wide range of high-tech fields, as well. Augmenting the computer networking technology program, Collin College is one of six Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Instructor training centers in the U.S.