ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
The Health Professions Department includes the Health Professions Certification and Degree Programs, the Health Science Academy in Plano, and Dual Credit Health Science courses.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) - Health Professions curriculum is divided into five tracks, allowing the students to focus on the specialization area that best fits their career goals:
- Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Track
- Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician Track
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Track
- Patient Care Technician (PCT) Track
- Phlebotomy Technician (PHLEB) Track
Additionally, the Certificate - Health Professions curriculum is divided into four areas: CNA, EKG, PCT, and PHLEB.
There are also three Occupational Skills Awards (OSA) in CNA, EKG, and PHLEB, to allow
student to build their knowledge and skills as they progress the different levels
READY TO APPLY?
**Please note: These steps apply to general population and concurrent enrollment students ONLY. If you are a Dual Credit student, please follow the directions provided by your district.**
To apply for admission to one of our clinical programs, please complete the following steps:
- STEP 1 - Apply to Collin College.
- STEP 2 - Complete ALL admission requirements (remove all holds from your account).
- STEP 3 - Complete the Health Professions Application Form.
- STEP 4 - Create a CastleBranch Account.
- STEP 5 - Upload ALL Program Requirements to CastleBranch for approval.
- STEP 6 - Once you have completed the form AND all of your CastleBranch requirements have been approved, email Dr. Westcott to verify your application.
- STEP 7 - Wait for Department Permits (issued AFTER the registration deadline).
- STEP 8 - Register and pay for your classes on CougarWeb.
- STEP 9 - Purchase textbook, program scrubs, and patch from the McKinney campus bookstore.
Fall Semester = 2nd Friday in August
Spring Semester = 2nd Friday in December
Summer Semester = 2nd Friday in May