Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many more, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer scholarships to outstanding students right here in our community. The foundation awards annual scholarships of $500 - $3,000 to upwards of 700 students each year!
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
Click here for helpful tips and tricks for writing your scholarship application from our expert, Scholarship Coordinator Kim Dalfonso!
We will be accepting applications for Spring 2020 scholarships after 8am Sept 17 through midnight Oct 27, 2019. During the time, the link to the application will be posted below. PLEASE READ THE BELOW INFORMATION BEFORE CLICKING ON THE LINK.
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first submitted basis or just GPA, but on a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and more.
We welcome all admitted, degree seeking students to apply who will be taking at least 6 (preferably 9) credit hours per semester, have at least a 2.5 GPA and are actively pursuing their associate degrees at Collin College.
Transfer scholarships are available each Fall for students who are completing 50+ hours at Collin College and transferring to one of our partner Universities.
The Foundation does not offer scholarships for Continuing Education, non credit hour classes, Athletics, wintermester only classes, summer only classes, dual enrolled students below HS senior level.
All applicants who complete the general application will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Fall?
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards via email in Early to Mid-Nov.
Applicants who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may not be notified.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Spring, when is the next time I can apply?
- Fall Scholarship Application Cycle will open in mid-January through March.
If I won a scholarship, how and when can I buy books or supplies?
- Click here for a Tip Sheet on books and supplies.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a Collin College Foundation Scholarship, please make sure you
have done the following:
- Secured your College-Wide ID Number through Admissions to Collin College
- Received a valid CougarMail email address from the Admissions office
- Double-checked the standard scholarship criteria to make sure that you qualify
Do I qualify for a scholarship?
- To qualify for most scholarships, students must meet the foundation's standard scholarship criteria:
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Commit to six credit hours or more during each semester (fall and spring)
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a U.S. Citizen or International Student
- High School Dual Credit Students must be high school seniors
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships for
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship, awarded to a student transferring to one of our partner Universities with a 3.5 GPA ro higher.
- The HiTECC Scholarship, awarded to five students who graduated from a PISD school, are majoring in a STEM fieldand, have finished 2 years at Collin College and are transferring to UT Dallas.
- More criteria for both of these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 700 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,250. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.