All campus locations are closed through May 4, including the libraries, computer, math, and writing labs. Stay informed: COVID-19 FAQs
Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many more, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer scholarships to outstanding students right here in our community. The foundation awards annual scholarships of $500 - $3,000 to upwards of 600 students each year!
DEADLINE APPROACHING: We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 scholarships. Deadline has been extended until 11:59pm Sunday, April 5th. Do not use Internet Explorer - use another browser.
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
CLICK HERE for helpful tips and tricks for writing your scholarship application from our Scholarship Coordinator or email KDalfonso@collin.edu
READ THOROUGHLY: All students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and take 6 -9 credit hours per semester (Fall & Spring) of the 2020/2021 academic year in order to apply.
All applicants must have a valid/active Collin College ID number and email address. New students: it may take 24- 48 hours before your new student email is uploaded into this system.
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first submitted basis or just GPA, but on a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and more. Grammar and spelling are extremely important.
We welcome all admitted, degree seeking students who will be taking at least 6 (preferably 9) credit hours per semester (Fall and Spring), have at least a cumulative 2.5 GPA and are actively pursuing their degrees at Collin College.
Two transfer scholarships are only available each Fall for students who have at least a 3.5 GPA, have completed 50+ hours at Collin College and are transferring to one of our partner Universities.
The Foundation does not offer scholarships for Non-degree seeking students, continuing education classes, non-credit classes, Athletics, wintermester only classes, summer only classes, dual enrolled students (Collin + 4 year University), and dual credit HS students who are not high school seniors as of Fall 2020.
All applicants who complete the general application will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. The Opportunities page is not a complete list of available scholarships. The list is continually updated Jan - April. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Fall?
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards via email in mid-May Applicants
who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may not be notified.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Fall, when is the next time I can apply?
- Spring scholarship application cycle will open in mid- Sept through October.
If I won a scholarship, how and when can I buy books or supplies?
- Not until August. You will be notified via email with all of the details.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a scholarship, please make sure you have done the following:
- Secured your College-Wide ID Number through Admissions to Collin College
- Received a valid Collin College issued email address from the Admissions office
- Double-checked the standard scholarship criteria to make sure that you qualify
Do I qualify for a scholarship?
- To qualify for most scholarships, students must meet the foundation's standard scholarship criteria:
- Have a 2.5 cummulative GPA or higher
- Commit to six or more credit hours during each semester (fall and spring)
- Be in "good" academic standing
- Be a U.S. Citizen or International Student
- High School Dual Credit Students must be a senior by Fall
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- For Fall only: Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships
for Fall funding:
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship, awarded to a student transferring to one of our partner Universities with a 3.5 GPA ro higher.
- More criteria for these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 600 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,500. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.