Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many more, the Collin College Foundation is able to offer scholarships to outstanding students right here in our community. The foundation awards annual scholarships of $1,250 and textbook scholarships of $500 to upwards of 700 students each year!
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
Click here for helpful tips and tricks for writing your scholarship application from our expert, Scholarship Coordinator Kim Dalfonso!
|Scholarship applications for Spring 2019 will open on Sept. 3 through Oct 15.
Students who will be taking at least 6 credit hours and have at least a 2.5 GPA may apply for a Spring scholarship by completing an application at: Scholarship application
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Spring 2019?
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards via email in November. Applicants
who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may not be notified.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Spring, when is the next time I can apply?
- The Fall 2019 Scholarship Application Cycle will open on Jan 7, 2019.
If I won a scholarship, how and when can I buy books or supplies?
- Click here for a Tip Sheet on books and supplies.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a Collin College Foundation Scholarship, please make sure you
have done the following:
- Secured your College-Wide ID Number by applying for admission to Collin College
- Received a valid CougarMail email address from the Admissions office
- Double-checked the standard scholarship criteria below to make sure that you qualify
Do I qualify for a scholarship?
- To qualify for most scholarships, students must meet the foundation's standard scholarship criteria:
- Have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Commit to six credit hours or more during each semester (fall and spring)
- Have a valid CougarMail email address
- Be in good academic standing
- High School Dual Credit Students must be high school seniors
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships EACH
FALL CYCLE: (Check back with us Jan 7, 2019)
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship, awarded to a student transferring to a Texas four-year college or university
- The HiTECC Scholarship, awarded to up to five students who are majoring in a STEM field and transferring to UT Dallas
- More criteria for both of these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 700 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,250 for the entire academic year and $625 for Spring scholarships. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year (mid-July) are returned to the foundation.