Welcome back, students! All campuses are open and ready to serve students virtually,
blended, or in person.
View the College COVID-19 Restart Plan
Thanks to the generosity of individual, corporate, foundation, alumni donors and many more, the Collin College Foundation offers scholarships to deserving students right here in our community. The foundation awards annual and endowed scholarships valued from $500 to $2,000 twice each academic year!
The scholarship cycle for SPRING 2021 is OPEN. CLICK HERE to be brought to the general application. Recommended: Read this page thoroughly before proceeding.
ONE APPLICATION: 100+ SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE.
Ask the Scholarship Lady!
CLICK HERE for helpful tips for completing this scholarship application or email KDalfonso@collin.edu with any questions.
All applicants must have and maintain:
Scholarship awards are not based on a first come-first submitted basis.
Neither the Foundation nor the College offers scholarships based strictly on GPA or class status.
Foundation scholarships are awarded based upon a variety of factors including program major, academics, residency, financial need, community service, and overall content of your essays/application.
The application consists of thirteen general questions and three essays questions. Proper grammar and spelling are extremely important when completing the essays.
International students are welcome to apply and may be eligible to receive general fund scholarships.
Transfer scholarships are only available during the Jan - March application cycle.
The Foundation does not offer scholarships for:
All applicants who complete the general application will be matched to opportunities to which they qualify. The Opportunities page is not a complete list of available scholarships. The list is continually updated. Students can browse available opportunities but are unable to apply to specific opportunities.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I be notified if I am awarded a scholarship for Spring?
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of their awards via email by mid December
Applicants who do not get chosen to receive an award may or may not be notified.
If I don't receive a scholarship for Fall, when is the next time I can apply?
- Fall 2021 scholarship application cycle will open in mid- January through March.
If I won a scholarship, how and when can I buy books or supplies?
- Not until mid-Decembert. You will be notified via email with all of the details.
What should I do before I apply for a scholarship?
- Before you apply for a scholarship, please make sure you have done the following:
- Secured your College-Wide ID Number through Admissions to Collin College
- Received a valid Collin College issued email address from the Admissions office
- Double-checked the standard scholarship criteria to make sure that you qualify
Do I qualify for a scholarship?
- To qualify for most scholarships, students must meet the foundation's standard scholarship criteria:
- Have a 2.5 cummulative GPA or higher
- Commit to six or more credit hours during each semester (fall and spring)
- Be in "good" academic standing
- Be a U.S. Citizen or International Student
- High School Dual Credit Students must be a senior.
Any tips to make my scholarship application more competitive?
Are there scholarships for students who are graduating or transferring?
- For Fall only: Thanks to our generous donors, the foundation awards two transfer scholarships
for Fall funding:
- The Lebrecht-Hites Transfer Scholarship, awarded to a student transferring to one of our partner Universities with a 3.5 GPA ro higher.
- More criteria for these scholarships is available on our Transfer Scholarship page.
How much is a foundation scholarship and how do I receive it?
- The Collin College Foundation awards upwards of 600 scholarships each academic year. Some scholarship amounts vary, but the majority of foundation scholarships are $1,500. Any funds not spent by the end of the academic year are returned to the foundation.